Chapter 49

Tord couldn't breathe, everything felt like it was falling apart. He ran until he didn't know where the hell he was. Then he sat down on the cracked pavement and cried.

Tom was just playing with him, making a mockery of him. I mean Emily, he kissed Emily, this caramel haired makeup plastered girl who never shut up and could barely sing. And Tom chose to kiss her over him. Tom probably wasn't even gay. That's why he pushed Tord off his shoulder, because he was never gay. Tord heard the pounding of footsteps behind him.

"Tord, wait. Hold on! I want to talk to-"

"Get the fuck away, I don't want to talk to you."

"What did I do?"

"You know exactly what you did, you heartless bastard. God you're no better than my father!"

Tord was on his feet now. He jabbed his finger into Tom's chest.

"I don't want to hear ANYTHING out of your revolting mouth. So fuck off. Maybe if you apologize to me, I'll think about talking to you."

With that Tord stormed off, sobbing as he went. He still had no idea where he was. Tom ran up to him.

"Tord, look I'm really sorry for whatever I did, can I at least walk you home? You're lost."

Tord crossed his arms and nodded. Tom lead the way from the rundown part of town to the start of the residential area. When they reached the halfway point Tord walked away from Tom entirely, not waiting for him, not listening to his pleas to speak to him. He got to his front door. Opened it and slammed it shut from the inside. Tom let out a muffled sigh from outside and his footsteps receded.

Tord crumpled on the floor, leaning against the shut door and sobbed even more. Trisha was immediately at his side, holding him close and whispering soft words of comfort in their native tongue .Tord went slack in her arms, putting all his energy into sobbing his eyes out. Trisha scooped him up in her arms and carried him over to his room. Setting him gingerly on the bed, and tucking the soft blankets around him. She gave a sigh and placing a hand gently on his back.

"Who did this to you my baby?"

Tord struggled to choke out an answer. Trisha pulled a pad of paper and a pen out and clipped the paper on a clipboard. She handed her beloved son the clipboard and pen.

She asked him again,

"What happened love, who hurt you?"

Tord clenched the pen and scribbled his answer. He showed her the paper.

'I was at a party and Tom was kissing this girl, Emily.'

Trisha's eyes hardened, she cracked her knuckles and stood up.

"Where are you going mama?" Tord croaked his voice scratchy from sobbing.

"To go beat his ass, nobody plays with my son's heart and gets away with it."

Tord latched on to her arm and pulled her down onto the bed.

"No mama!"

"Why not! The last time I let someone play with my heart, I lost everything! I won't let that happen to you."

"I still love him, that's why. That's why it hurts so much. I don't even have the right to be angry, he's not my boyfriend after all."

As he continued further into the statement, the more his lip quivered. Trisha embraced her son.

"Okay, but if there isn't a damn good reason why I'll personally cut out his throat."

Tord frowned at her and snuggled into the warm blankets pulling the blue sweater closer. Trisha ran her fingers through his hair until he fell asleep. Then she started sculpting a proper punishment for Tom.