Chapter 40

Tom had noticed that Tord seemed out of it recently. His eyes seemed dead in the morning and when he left school. He stopped eating lunch as far as he knew, and Tom had gotten no new texts from Tord. He was worried for his horn-haired-friend. So after school one day he started heading to Tord's house. He had called Sherlie, warning her that he wouldn't be able to make his shift. He then softly knocked on Tord's door. Trisha opened the door.

"Oh hey, Tom."

"Hey."

"What brings you here?"

"Just checking on Tord."

"He's in his room."

Trisha moved to the side and let Tom enter the house. Tom followed down the familiar path to Tord's room. Tord was curled up under a blanket in his bed. Tom slowly sat down next to the lump on the bed.

"Hey Commie."

Tom heard a sniff come from the blob.

"You doing okay in there."

A slow jiggling motion came from one end, and he assumed it was Tord nodding his head.

"Can you come out from under there?"

After a couple seconds Tord started to slowly pulled down the blanket. Tom saw a truly distressing view. Tord's hair looked like it had been through a tordnado, his face looked tear-stained, and he was wearing Tom's hoodie. Which Tom didn't really mind. In fact it would have made him blush in different circumstances.

"Do you want a hug?"

Tord softly nodded, and Tom immediately pulled him close. Tord rested his head in Tom's chest and held onto his shirt tightly. Tom just rubbed his back and softly rocked him back and forth.

After a couple minutes Tord had relaxed, and was close to falling asleep. Not just close, Tord ended up falling asleep. And Tom didn't wanna wake him. So he just held him like that for a while. Trisha walked in and walked out immediately, and she seemed very giddy. Though Tom didn't know why.