Chapter 4

Tom had just come from an arguing match with his step-father. Though that man wasn't fatherly in the slightest. He was very unamused, tired, and apathetic. So when the boys started to text about hanging out he saw it as an escape, and quickly decided to jump out his window to get to Edd's house.

His hoodie was a messy medley of wrinkles, and his hair was an absolute spiky mess. But Tom was ultimately glad to be out of the house. He was especially happy to smell the sweet aroma of Mrs. Gold's cookies. He almost didn't notice the horned demonic figure in the doorw-

"Hey, Jehova."

"Fuck off."

"That's what hentai is for."

Tom entered the house, slowly being pulled towards the kitchen by his nose. But to his utter disgust, the cookies were gone. And all that was left was a chocolate covered Matt. Tom continued to scowl at Matt until Edd cut off the glares with,

"Tom calm down, we saved you some cookies. No need to give Matt a death stare."

Edd held out the ziplock of cookies, which Tom didn't hesitate to snatch out of Edd's hand and stuff it greedily into his sweater pocket. Only after his brief mass consumption of cookies did he look up at Edd, his cheeks puffed out from full cheeks. "Thanks, man."

They all just stood in silence for a couple moments before finally Edd asked to if everyone was cool with going to Starbucks. Tom muttered his usual "lame" but nodded his head in agreement, and the rest seemed fine with it. So soon they were off to the overpriced land of sugar.

The first thing that caught Tom's eye in the small cafe was a waiter. His hair was fluffy and in disarray, his hands were moving quickly, clearing tables and handing out drinks. And the most attracting part was his smile. It was flashy and white, but wasn't blinding. Just soft. Tom would never admit he noticed all this though. Instead he fell into a booth with the rest of his friends, and slowly sunk into their excited chatter. However, Tom's eyes kept going to one figure. And hopefully, just hopefully, this man would be managing their table.

Tom had finally fallen out of his daydream, and looked down at the table, not really caring to be involved in the boys loud chatter. It wasn't appealing in the slightest. At least it wasn't until a new voice joined the group.

"Hey, I'm Adam. I'm your slave for the time being." He let out a chuckle. Tom couldn't ignore that harmonious sound. So he looked up to find the very boy he had been staring at. "What would you guys like to get?"

Tom was seriously thinking of responding with 'you'. But this wasn't how his sexuality was going to be outed. He ordered a pure black coffee, "as black as my soul" he said. The boy just let out that small chuckle and wrote something down on his pad of paper. After the orders had gone through the chaos resumed. And Tom still wasn't very interactive in it, his mind still wondering. Every once in a while he would throw in a 'lame'. But he wasn't really all there. At least not until Adam came back.

"One Unicorn Latte," that was slid to Matt. "One Iced Tea," which Edd happily grabbed at. "A Chai Latte." And finally "a drink as black as your soul." Tom was astonished to see not his coffee, but a very white looking drink in Adam's hand. "A White Chocolate Creme Frappuccino."

"Uh, I didn't order this."

"I think you did."

Adam quickly scurried off, and Tom felt a soft smile arise on his face. Tord was laughing hysterically in the background, though he paid no mind. A warm feeling swelled through him, as he took a sip of the sugary drink. It wasn't his favorite, he couldn't handle the overly sugary taste, but for some reason it was fine.