Chapter 116

Tom still felt the sting of the bruises on his body, and it was kinda comforting to know he could feel. It felt odd seeing Tord so far away, staring at him from the bottom of the stairs. And although he missed Tord, he hated how Tord tried to control him. He needed to be able to be his own person, and Tord seemed to try and stifle that whenever he got worried. Tom knew it was out of love. That was obvious.

"If you try to control me again we are done. Clear?"

"Yup."

Tom opened his arms slowly and closed his eyes. The pounding of Tord's feet resounded in the house. And soon Tom's arms were full with his beautiful stormy eyed boy. He squeezed him close and got lost in the scent. Cherries were honestly now one of his favorite foods.

"I missed this."

"I missed you."

Tom felt a grin slip over his features and started to feel at peace again.

"You said something about a date?"

"Yea, you up for it?"

"Of course, let me change into something nicer."
Tord nodded and went back downstairs to wait for Tom. Tom slid into his room and pulled out the nice clothes he had never returned to Tord. But he opted to leave the dress shirt unbuttoned and left the suit's jacket in the closet. He combed his hands through his hair, trying to get it to not look like a birds nest. And when that was finally done he slid down the banister and headed out the door.

The night was crisp, and everything seemed to be relaxed. Even in the bad part of town everyone was behaving. Tom slithered his hand into Tords and softly squeezed it. He then let Tord take the lead, twisting along the roads to a small shop. It had green, cursive letters written on the top naming the restaurant. But Tord hustled so quickly that Tom never figured out what it said. The distinct smell of cream and butter hit him. Soft spices seemed to drift through the air and instrumental music played in the background. The host sat them down in a small booth by a window. They could see the sun disappearing, and the golden glow caught Tord's face perfectly. He looked like an angel, and Tom was happy to know this angel was his.

"So, why here?"

"Huh?"

"This restaurant."
Tom gestured around the room.

"Italian food is comforting."
Tom nodded and busied himself in the menu. Everything sounded good, and the smell was driving home that theory. After he decided what he wanted he set down the menu and looked at Tord. Tord's eyes flickered across his own menu, and his tongue peeked out of his mouth in concentration. After what seemed like seconds--but was probably minutes--Tord looked up and met Tom's gaze.

"What are you looking at?"

"The hot woman behind you."

Tord's features flushed in anger and he spun around in his chair. He was greeted by a wall.

"Very funny."

"I know I am. Though there was truth to that statement. I was looking at something that is hot."
Tord flushed again, this time from something else. He coyly glanced away and Tom found himself grinning at Tord's reaction. Just then a girl near their age pranced to the table. She held her chin high, and the makeup caked on her face caught in the glow of the lights. Her breasts were practically pushed up to her neck.

"What can I get you?"
Her question seemed directed at Tord. Infact her whole body seemed directed towards Tord. Tom clenched his fists below the table and kept a peaceful look plastered on his face. He ordered quickly after Tord and the woman sauntered away. Tord seemed unaware of the clear way she was flirting with him. And because of that Tom proceeded as if she hadn't flirted with him.

"So..."

"Yea."

Tom and Tord sat in their awkward silence. Tord's eyes glimmered for a moment as if he had an idea.

"If us, Matt, and Edd were on an island who would you eat first."

"Oh babe, clearly you."
He sent a wink towards Tord. And Tord looked confused.

"Why would you-"

His face turned beet red and he looked away. But Tom caught the goofy smile that spread over his boyfriend's face.

They continued to ask eachother dumb questions until the waitress came back. Tom felt himself go rigid again. And he was trying to push down the jealousy that bubbled up in his throat.

"Can I get you anything, and I mean anything else?"

Her eyes fluttered quickly, and he wished that those long fake eyelashes would flutter her away.

"Uh yeah actually."

Tom's voice was menacingly sharp, but held no emotion. And he saw the girl flinched slightly at his tone.

"How 'bout privacy for me and my boyfriend."

The girl flushed quickly, and scampered away.

"Tom! You didn't have to be so rude."

"Yeah I did, otherwise I'd have to watch her try to seduce you all night."
"Try to... Is that what she was doing? I thought she had something in her eyes and that's why she was blinking so much."
Tom barked out a laugh from his boyfriends obliviousness and felt a smile erupt on his face.

"God, I love you so much!"