Chapter 1: Mysterious light curtain

The weather is getting warmer gradually.

The willows beside the stone bridge in the small town were stripped, and the branches were tender and green, reflecting the clear and moving water of the river under the bridge.

Xie Tao cleaned up the molds on hand, put on gloves and brought out the rich-scented cake from the oven. When she turned around, she was accidentally pierced by the setting sun spilling in from the window.

She squinted her eyes.

"Xiao Tao, do you have any shortbread candy today?"

A middle-aged woman suddenly appeared at the gate.

She dressed very plainly, neatly organized, and when she was smiling, a deep crease appeared at the end of her eyes.

She is considered a frequent visitor at Fujia Cake Shop.

"Auntie Qian, you are late, and today's shortbread candies are sold out!"

Xie Tao put the cake on the table, took off his gloves, and replied.

"Ouch! Going to grocery shopping today is delayed!" The woman surnamed Qian patted her clothes.

Xie Tao smiled, "I'll save you a copy tomorrow, you remember to come and get it early."

"Is the peanut right?" Xie Tao took the notebook next to her and planned to write it down.

"Yes, yes!" The woman who was frowning just now laughed again, "Thank you, Xiaotao!"

Xie Tao smiled, lowered his head and took the notes.

Not long after Aunt Qian left, another middle-aged woman walked into the shop with her little high heels.

She wore fancy clothes and curled her hair. She was a little blessed, but she was red and smiling.

Xie Tao was spreading chocolate hazelnut butter on the baked cake. Hearing the sound of high heels, she saw the familiar face when she looked up.

She is the owner of this Fujia cake shop-Ms. Fu Miaolan.

"Auntie Fu, are you back?"

Xie Tao was smiling originally, but when she saw the tall middle-aged man who walked in behind Fu Miaolan, the smile on her face gradually froze, and her eyes were full of consternation. Even the movements of his hands stopped.

"Peach..."

It wasn't until Fu Miaolan came over to call her that Xie Tao managed to recover in a trance.

When she raised her eyes, she met the middle-aged man's gaze looking at her.

The afterglow of the setting sun spreading outside the gate shone on his shoulders, making his figure look taller and thinner.

When Xie Tao was stunned, the man had already walked in front of her, stood in front of the counter, and called her name clearly and accurately, "Xie Tao."

Across the counter, Xie Tao lowered her eyes when she heard his voice, her expression flickering, standing there seemed a little at a loss, she didn't even dare to meet his gaze.

"Taotao, Mr. Zheng is here to see you, so you have to say a few words to someone." Fu Miaolan walked in through the small sliding door on the other side of the counter and patted her on the shoulder.

Xie Tao pursed her lips, and grasped the glass jar of jam in her hand, not like the lively appearance that Fu Miaolan was used to in her daily life.

After a while, she moved her lips, "Uncle Zheng..."

Her voice is a little faint.

"Xie Tao, go out and talk." Zheng Wenhong said.