Chapter 70: Coming to the modern era

Xie Tao went to the dessert shop where she worked part-time after school.

Originally, I just ordered the cake with the proprietress before, but because Wei Yun sent her a message in the morning that it would be later, she just helped in the store for a while.

Because I greeted Lao Xi and the others in advance, she didn't have to go to the tavern today.

At eight o'clock in the evening, she brought the cake and returned to the rented place.

But I don't know when it started, she always feels restless.

After doing homework for a while, Xie Tao sat at the desk and waited till late at night.

She hasn’t eaten dinner yet, and her stomach is already protesting. Xie Tao supported her chin with one hand, and lit the phone on the desk with her other hand, and then quietly looked at the portrait on the lock screen until the screen again. Go dark.

This cycle is repeated many times.

Outside the half-open curtains, neon lights flickered, and the shadows of the trees in the residential area were scattered into scale-like mottled traces when they were interspersed and cast on the glass windows.

It's almost eleven o'clock.

But there was no movement in Wei Yun.

The few messages Xie Tao sent to Wei Yun were like fine stones falling into the water, and he never received any reply.

This gradually made her feel more uneasy.

Xie Tao has been waiting for Wei Yun's reply. She held the phone in her hand, and the screen lit up and then went off. I don't know how long it was, she closed her eyes unknowingly and fell asleep deeply. .

The dream is a hazy water mist on a bank, the cascading waves filled with wind and smoke, the grand and boundless dark night is like a giant beast that swallows thousands of miles with its mouth open and heavy, as if it is going to be swallowed by the waves on the shore The last orange lamp shadow.

She was dimly standing on a pier neatly laid out by horizontal timbers, and the moist ground reflected the light and shadow of the lanterns swaying back and forth in the wind on the long wooden lamp stand beside her.

When she raised her eyes, she happened to see a bright red figure on the deck of the big ship near the shore.

The wind around her, even the shadow of the lantern next to her, or the tumbling waves of the ship pressed down, became obstacles that prevented her from seeing the figure clearly.

Suddenly,

A gunshot came through the air, almost piercing her eardrums.

She only had time to see the bright red figure on the boat turned over and fell into the tumbling river water.

Xie Tao suddenly woke up.

When her eyes suddenly opened, the orange light of the desk lamp on the desk squinted her eyes. She stretched out her hand and rubbed her eyelids, and her eye sockets were inexplicably moistened.

The room is quiet.

Xie Tao sat blankly for a while, and when she reached out her hand to turn on the phone screen, the time was displayed on it: 23:12.

Wei Yun still did not reply to her message.

Had an inexplicable, hazy dream, which made Xie Tao feel more restless in her heart.

She tried to send a video call to Wei Yun, but she couldn't send it out.

There seems to be totally unacceptable.