Chapter 42: This night

The moon is frosty, and the night is cold.

The gust of wind blows the branches and sinks the shadows, stacking them between the window lattices, blurring them into a trace of ink fainted by water.

The rustling sound between the branches and leaves fell on the ears of the two people in the house.

The faint fragrance seems to still linger in the nose, it is a cold and mysterious smell.

The young boy dressed in a thin snow coat was slightly open, and his brocade-like black hair was still moist. At the moment, he was draped indiscreetly on his shoulders, and some light hair was sticking to his ears.

At this moment, he lowered his eyes, looking at the girl in his arms who was randomly wrapped into a silkworm chrysalis in his quilt. There was unspeakable consternation and even a little panic in the two-way calm eyes.

The girl who was wrapped around her waist opened her eyes. When she looked at him, her whole body was dull for a while before she could react.

She suddenly widened a pair of apricot eyes.

On such a long night, the lights in the room infiltrated her eyes with a light warm color, like the sparkling waves of the sun shining on a lake, faintly reflecting his face.

The faint smoke in the room made everything in front of her look a little dreamy and hazy, like the illusory scene she had dreamed of.

Are you... dreaming again?

Xie Tao blinked, and when she stared at the disheveled young boy in front of her, her cheek was a little hot.

Why, how can you have such an unscrupulous dream? ?

But she still couldn't help but glanced at his flawless face, her heart swayed for a moment, as if the fragrance between her nose was thicker.

Xu felt that she was dreaming, she hesitated for a moment, and unexpectedly stretched out her hand.

Fingers curled up in midair at the knuckles and paused. When the young man frowned and some doubts appeared in his eyes, her fingertips prodded his cheek.

Wei Yun was startled by her sudden movements, crow-feather-like eyelashes trembled, and his back became stiffer.

The fingertips were the cool touch on his face. At that time, there was another night breeze blowing from outside the window lattice, brushing her side face, causing her to sneez subconsciously.

This time, I really wake up.

The fingertips seemed to be a particularly real touch, and the wind blowing from her face made her mind sober.

The smoke in the incense burner on the table gradually disappeared, and everything that was slightly hazy around him began to become clear enough, not like a vague dream.

Xie Tao opened her eyes wide, her lips opened slightly, and her whole body froze.

When Wei Yun heard her sneezing, his brows wrinkled again. He pursed his thin lips as if hesitated for a moment, then directly picked up the girl wrapped in the quilt and walked to his bed. , Put her on the bed, then pulled her quilt, and wrapped her with another layer.

Even in winter, Wei Yun never liked the charcoal fire in the house, even the finest and smokeless charcoal felt unbearable.

But at this moment, he felt that he should get some charcoal fire in the room.

Xie Tao was dumbfounded, allowing him to wrap himself in another quilt, his eyes kept fixed on the face of the young man in front of him, almost intently.