Chapter 30: Heart sway

After so many days, the two talked again, but for a while, neither of them spoke much.

In the long silence, Xie Tao seemed to be able to hear his shallow breathing.

Later, Xie Tao sniffed and finally stopped crying. As if hesitated for a long time, she suddenly asked carefully: "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah." His voice was still very soft, as if he had unconsciously reduced all the harshness and sharpness, adding a bit of unspeakable softness as clear as the wind.

Xie Tao squeezed the phone close to her ear and bit her lip. She said, "Aren't you...you don't like me?"

In fact, in such a short period of time, Xie Tao thought about whether she really wanted to ask him that.

These days, she has already had many speculations in her heart.

As long as she didn't mention a word at this moment, they might still be as peaceful as before, or everything could go on in such a muddle-headed manner.

But she can't.

There are some things she has to figure out.

When Wei Yun heard this sentence from her, he was startled first, and only after a while, he said, "Why ask?"

He didn't answer directly. It sounded in Xie Tao's ears, as if faintly certain, she tightened her lips, her eye circles slowly turning red.

"On my birthday, were you drunk too?" She took a deep breath.

"Never."

"Then why would you... respond to me?"

But hearing her words, Wei Yun lowered his eyes, and there was a moment of silence.

why?

What Wei Yun cannot deny at this moment is that the reason why he did not refuse at that time was indeed for another purpose.

It was to find out the mysterious person who was hiding in the dark and trying hard to take his life. It was to find out the connection between this bronze pendant and the mysterious light curtain that he occasionally glimpsed since childhood... Eliminate all the factors of instability, but it is not because of liking her.

At that time, he thought so.

But at this moment, he couldn't really blurt out the truth like this.

Wei Yun couldn't describe his inner feelings at this moment, like guilt he hadn't had in a long time, and it seemed mixed with many unexpected and unfamiliar emotions, which made him feel a little confused when facing her interrogation at this moment.

And his sudden silence seemed to be a silent answer to Xie Tao at this moment.

Maybe she should have noticed it a long time ago.

He never revealed his specific address, and rarely mentioned his own affairs to her. He has always been so mysterious. Between him and her, there will always be clouds, mountains and mists, which seem to be farther away than thousands of mountains and rivers. the distance.

Xie Tao thought, maybe even the drunken talk she blurted out that night was wrong.

This is two people who have never met before, even though he helped her step by step to get justice from those school violence perpetrators when she was the most helpless and most confused; even though he was always the most uncomfortable with her He gave her speechless comfort in his own way; even in every lonely day when she came to Nanshi, he made her a little bit more in the city she had desperately wanted to escape from. Peace and stability.