Chapter 1

"I can't," I fall to the ground, pain shooting up my limbs ,"I can't do it!" I yell. Tears fall down my face, leaving tiny puddles on the concrete floor. I wrap my arms around myself, the pain in my sides, unbearable.

    "Get up!"I flich, then slowly rise to my feet. I wipe my face, and look at who I thought was a friend,"You're weak." He states. I watch him walk towards the door of the training room, my body trembling with rage. Who the hell does he think he is talking to me like that? Before he can reach the door, I sneak up behind him and swipe his feet from underneath him.

    "Never take your eyes off the target, right?" I joke, my knee to his chest. He smirks at the sight of my eyes swimming with streaks of bright purple, as well as my hands illuminating with the same vibrant energy.

    "Finally, you're learning," He rolls over to escape my capture.We stand face to face. He goes to punch me, I quickly side-step, twist his arm, and push his arm behind his back. I try to creep into his thoughts with my powers, but he kicks my knee, causing me to release him and fall to the floor,"But not enough apparently. We're done for the day." I struggle to rise from the floor, my knee weakening. Bucky ties his long, dark brown hair into a bun as he walks out of the door. I ask myself how he could do all of that to me, he's my best friend after all. But, he's been acting strangely, ever since he went to privately speak to Mr. Pierce... 

    "Wake up," a high pitch voice yells at me,"Y/N wake up!" And I do. My eyes flutter open, blinded by the light escaping my curtains. Once my eyes have adjusted, I notice my little sister standing over me. She pulls me out of my bed, causing me to stand up. I reach to the ceiling, and look down. Her face is lit up as she jumps up and down,"Come on, Mommy and Daddy made you a special breakfast for your birthday!" She grabs my hand and leads me down to the kitchen, where our parents are setting plates and french toast on the table.

    "Well look who decided to wake up." Says my dad, Tony, walking up to me to give me a big hug,"Happy Birthday, Y/N." Dad says as my stepmom, Pepper, walks up to me to do the same.

    "Thanks, you guys." I sit down, the aroma of breakfast being too unbearable to resist. I shove my face with warm french toast and milk. I eat, and eat, and eat, until I'm so full that I can barely stand,"Wow, Mom, you really outdid yourself." I say, putting my syrup-covered plate into the white sink. 

    Dad leans against the countertop,"For the record, I did most of the cooking." I snort, raising an eyebrow at Pepper.

    "You know he's lying." Pepper says, giving Dad a kiss on his temple. I thank both of them for breakfast and go upstairs to start packing. Today may be my birthday, but "that's no excuse when you're a Stark" as Dad says. Once I've packed all that I need, I squeeze into a cute, tight little white dress and slip on black stiletto heels. I tie my hair into a knot on top of my head, put on some light makeup, and head downstairs with my suitcase.

    "Ready, kiddo?" Dad says, grabbing his bag by the stairs. I nod as my heels click on the last stair. Dad and I say goodbye to Morgan and Pepper, and walk out of the door.

    On our way to the city, I look out the window as Dad and I talk about my birthday and what it'll be like when I'm an Avenger. After a long silence, Dad asks,"So did your Mom text you?" I can feel the mood in the car shift almost instantly. I shake my head no, but honestly, I'm happy that she didn't. I'm better off without her anyways,"I'm sorry, Y/N. But, I'm not surprised." I'm still mad at my mother, after what she did. What kind of mother sends her ten-year-old off to an organization in a completely different country that'll torture her for her powers. I'm just glad that Dad just so happened to be in the neighborhood one day and decided to rescue me from HYDRA.

    "Oh, and she's not my Mom. Pepper filled in for her." I state, causing a small smile to slip onto his face.

    Dad pulls into a parking lot in front of a big tower featuring a giant "a" on the side. I grab my suitcase from the trunk, and lug it into the building. Once inside, I'm greeted with a warm hug and a quick "happy birthday" from my bestfriend, Wanda Maximoff. She shows me to my new room, where I set my suitcase down. 

    I peek into the the bathroom to check my makeup, making sure I look my best for when I meet the team,"You look great, Y/N." Wanda whispers with her Sokovian accent. It reminds me of the Italian accent I once had, ages ago, before HYDRA taught me english and how to hide it. 

    I walk with her to the elevator and chew on the inside of my cheek. I explain to Wanda how scared I am that the team won't like me. She squeezes my shoulder, assuring me that that there's nothing to worry about. The elevator opens with a ding, and everyone stares in my direction. In the kitchen, there's a tall man with blonde hair, electric blue eyes, and a strong build talking to a beautiful redheaded woman. They walk over to me, and introduce themselves as Thor Odinson and Natasha Romanoff. I notice Thor's heavy accent and the fact that Natasha is very good at guessing, or Dad was just right about her being a very observant ex-spy. As I walk away, I notice Thor staring at my dress and I check to see if there's anything on it. I notice two men who keep glancing at me from across the room, one I recognize as Steve Rogers, but the other I can't put my finger on. I continue to walk around meeting the rest of the Avengers, eager to get to the two in the corner.

     After saying hi to the majority of the team, I walk over to Steve Rogers and his friend. Steve notices, turns away from the mysterious man, and holds out his hand,"Hi I'm St-"

    "Steve Rogers, I'm aware. I've heard great stories about you, Captain." I smile and look at his friend,"And, you are?" Then, it hits me. The irresistible blue eyes, the lean body, the mysterious look, the dark hair. His friend was none other than my former trainer and friend at HYDRA, Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier.

    "Nice to finally see you again, Y/N."

Hey y'all! Sorry if this isn't the best story lol it's my first. I'll be publishing the next few chapters in a little bit. Since this is my first day publishing I don't just wanna release one chapter. Thank you so much for reading! Hope you have a good day :)