Chapter 5

For the next hour or so, we just make small talk and look at the vibrant lights of the city. At some point, I get tired of standing and grab a chair. As Bucky does the same, I realize that I'm still in my white dress, and it's as if I can feel my face redden. I think about going to change, but I'd probably pass out again. And, honestly, I'm not quite sure I want this night to end.

    "So, Doll," Bucky leans back in his chair,"Did you enjoy your birthday?"

    "Yes I..."

    "What's wrong?"

    "Bucky, I never told you it was my birthday."

    "Yes you did," He smirks, making my heart flutter,"About five years ago, we snuck out to the roof. We talked for hours about ourselves and our lives. That's when you told me."

    "How in the hell do you still remember that?"

    "Well, you were the only important thing in my life. How could I forget?"

    "I guess that's fair."

    I look back towards the city, Bucky gaze drilling into the side of my head. I know I was important to him, but not that important. I can only think about the major crush I had on him all those years ago. The thought makes me forget how to breathe as I realize those feelings never quite went away. My cheeks get hotter as I shift in my seat,"I think I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight." I hurriedly stand up and walk out before he can say anything.

    I reach my room and change into some pjs. I get into bed and try to slow my breathing, but I can't. Oh god, I still like Bucky. I CAN'T STILL LIKE BUCKY! It's been five years. If he ever did feel the same, he most definitely doesn't anymore. What if he liked me at some point!? Of course his dumbass didn't tell me! I should just get some sleep and I'll forget about it.

     And for the next few days, I was still thinking about it. About him. I take a deep breath, put on my slippers, and walked out of my room for the first time since that night

    I was not prepared for what was about to happen.

    I walk into the kitchen, only to find all of the team crowded together. Once they notice me, they look panicked, maybe even a little mischievous. I give Wanda a look, then Nat says,"Good morning. Did you ever plan on telling us?" I tilt my head in confusion.

    "Tell you about what exactly?"

    "That you're totally in love with Bucky!"

    Oh shit.

    "What are you talking about? That's absolute nonsense. I have no idea where you would get such an absurd ide-"

    "Oh don't even try, Y/N. We all saw how close you two were the other night."

    "You what?"

    "Oh yeah, I woke up and went to get a drink and found you two hugging and I woke up the rest of the team."

    "Have you talked to Bucky about any of this?"

    "No. We were going to today, but he's still asleep," Steve chimed in," Why don't you go wake him up?"

    "Why would I go wake hi-"

    "Oh just go." Wanda spins me around with her glistening red powers, and I start down the hall. Oh lord, that's so embarrassing. Now the entire team knows about how I feel about him. I can hear their childish giggling from down the hall.

    Once I reach his room, I lightly knock, curious if he's already awake. I stand there for a second, before the door opens. Instantly, my heart begins pounding. His dark hair is a mess, his eyes, bright, and his chest is bare and shirtless. I have to look into his eyes to resist the urge to look at his chiseled body...

    "Mornin', Doll."

    It takes me a minute to realize he said anything,"Morning... morning, Bucky.

    "Is everything ok? Your face looks hot,"

    "Thanks." I say with a smile. He laughs, and I resist the urge to confess to him right then and there,"Um anyways, the rest of the team is up, so feel free to join us for breakfast."

    "Ok. Also, thanks for the other night. I really enjoyed just talking like old times. I'll come join everyone in a minute." And with that, he walks back into his room. I let out a sigh. God it's so cliche, being in love with your best friend. It's like one of those cheesy ass teen romance movies. And now, I'm living one. Lord, help me.