Chapter 10

Me and Bucky weave through the busy street, people running away from whatever almost crushed us with a car. We get through all of the people and cars, to see what appears to be a park. In the center is a group of people with dark uniforms and what looks like a few of the Avengers. I glance towards Bucky, his jaw clenched as tight as his fists. 

    "Y/N! Good to see you again." I hear a familiar voice coming from behind me. I turn around, my hands glowing with purple energy. I gasp for air, unable to breath at the horrific sight. His glistening blonde hair, his rainbow eyes, his strong stature. 

    "Who is this?" Bucky asks, confused at my sudden state.

    "Oh, that breaks my heart. The Winter Soldier doesn't remember one of his old pals?" His smile is crooked, bringing attention to a scar across his lips. I want to rip him piece by piece for what he put me through.

    "How... how the hell did you find us, Jeremy?" I have my powers ready, in case he charges. Bucky's face contorts as he remembers Jeremy. From what I know, they didn't talk much back in HYDRA. But, Jeremy, being my trainer, was the only person I knew besides Bucky. HYDRA didn't exactly have a first day where everyone sits in a circle and introduces themselves.

    "It wasn't that hard. We have eyes everywhere, you know." 

    "What do you want with me?"

    "Oh, I don't want anything from you. It's the boss that wants you and Barnes back." He smirks. "Although, I would be lying if I said I didn't want something from you."

    I shudder. They've come here for us. For me. I look behind me, noticing Dad and Steve taking down the army of HYDRA soldiers, but not as easily as I'd like them to.

     "And why would we come with you?" Bucky says, sharply.

    Jeremy chuckles,"Because you freaks deserve to be there. And, if you don't, we won't hesitate to bring that precious tower of yours to the ground."

    "And how do we know you're not bluffing?"

    "What, would you like to see what this button does?" He holds up a black remote with a big red button at the top. While he's still holding it in plain sight, I grab the control with my powers, it lightly landing in my palm.

    "What are you going to do now?" I smile, a feeling of victory washing over me. Jeremy gestures behind me, and just as that feeling of victory came to me, it's instantly overcome with the feeling of my stomach dropping. I see Dad, Steve, Nat, and Clint all on the ground, held at gunpoint.

    My eyes sting with tears. I can't let them hurt the team, but I want more than anything to avoid going to HYDRA.

    "If I come with you, they all get set free," Jeremy nods," But, Bucky stays here."

    "Fine. We only need one of you, anyways." I hang my head in fear, only hoping that they don't hurt anyone.

    "What? No. No you can't take her." Bucky yells as I walk towards Jeremy,"You can't take her from me!"

    I turn around, a sad smile disguising my inner panic. I walk back towards Bucky. I place my hands on both sides of his face. I press my lips against his forehead,"Just trust me." I whisper, looking into his terror consumed eyes.

    "What? What are you-"

    I slip into his mind, forcing his body to go into a short term sleep. Long enough to get away. I start towards Jeremy, and I hear the rest of the team calling out for me. They beg me to turn around, screaming to find another way. There is no other way.

    Then I hear Dad. He's screaming my name, his voice faltering with emotion. I glance back. I see the team yelling and trying to get out of the bondage they've been put in, but Dad sticks out. He stops and stares back. I mouth ,"I love you." And start walking again; the screaming continues.

    I walk through the now empty streets of New York, a gun hovering behind my back. I still hear the screams from the team, but they're now in my head, creating a never ending echo. We reach an intersection, and I check for cars. Once I look to the right, I see the Avengers Tower, and I know it's time. I pause, Jeremy walking ahead of me.

    "I'm sorry." I mutter. He quickly spins around, his gun aimed for my chest.

    "What?"

    "I said I'm sorry," Purple swirls around my hands,"But, not really." I smirk. I motion for Jeremy's gun to come to me, and it lands by my sides. I lift him off the ground and let my magic constrict him. I pull it tighter,"That's for how you treated my family," and tighter,"That's for how you treated my friends," and tighter,"And that's for how you treated me." He yells, the pain becoming unbearable. Next thing I know, his remnants are scattered across the road.

   I reach the park again, everyone now crowded together. I stand and watch, happy that nobody is hurt. Bucky notices me first, and starts sprinting towards me. I open my arms, and he picks me up and spins me. He pulls me into his arms, holding me as close as possible,"I thought I lost you, Doll." He whispers into my hair. I smile into his chest. I look up at him, his cheeks damp and his smile as big as can be.

    I kiss him, never wanting him to worry about me so much again,"You should know by now that'll you'll never lose me, again."