Chapter 31

It's been a week since I've seen Bucky. I can't even begin to explain how much I miss him, crave his touch. Most of all, I hope him and Dad are, at least, alive. Him, Steve, Nat, Dad, and Clint have all been MIA since the second day of their mission. I just hope they come home soon.

I walk out of my room, my stomach yelling at me to eat, and start towards the kitchen. I trudge to the open area and see Wanda brewing coffee,"It makes me sad that you didn't even ask if I wanted any." I say, a sarcastic smirk on my face.

"Oh, whatever." She pours the hot coffee into two ceramic mugs,"What do you want in your coffee?"

"Cream and sugar would be great, thanks." I sit on the couch in the living room and reach for the remote. I turn the T.V. on to reveal the News. I change it, uninterested in the stock market. I turn onto a channel with Dirty Dancing on,"Wanda, have you ever seen this movie?"

Wanda looks towards the T.V. as she sets down our cups on the coffee table,"I don't think I have." I gasp, causing Wanda to laugh. I gesture to the empty space beside me and she sits close to me, our legs intertwined.

After twenty minutes or so, my mind wanders back to the missing teammates. I start to worry, as I always do. What if they're hurt? What if they're dead? What if they're not coming back? God, I want them to come home.

"They're going to come home, love." My eyes shift to Wanda as she gives me a sad smile.

My eyes water, my lip quivers,"I just... I'm scared. He's out there with them, and so is my Dad. Hell, I love all of them. They're like family to me. I just want them to... to come home." Wanda wraps her arms around me, my head buried into her shoulder. Tears fall onto her gray hoodie as she strokes my hair. She tells me they'll be home eventually, but I don't know whether to believe her or not.

I leave the living room to go wash myself up. I walk into the bathroom, my face puffy and wet. I splash cold water on my face and lean against the sink. I look down at the floor, thinking about everything and nothing. When I look up, I just stand in shock,"No." Jeremy is leaning against the wall, a dirty smirk on his face.

"What are you gonna do without your loverboy, Y/N?"

"I'm going to fucking kill you." I turn to him, my hands glowing with fluorescent  purple energy. It wraps around his neck and lifts him on the ground,"And, this time, you're going to stay dead." He gasps for air, his face turning the color of the energy.

"Y/N? What's going on in there?" Wanda asks.

"Wanda, come help me." Wanda bursts through the door, shocked at the scene playing out,"Help me!" She nods, and adds a red tint to the energy. Jeremy's stormy eyes roll to the back of his head, his grip giving out. I let go, and so does Wanda,"I think... I hope he's actually dead."

"How did he even get in here?" I shrug, pleasure filling my veins. He's gone. If only Bucky was here to see this.

"FRIDAY?"

"Yes, Ms. Stark?"

"Dispose of him, please."

"Yes, Ms. Stark." A hatch opens underneath his limp remains. It disappears into the dark hole in the floor and my vision blurs once again.

"Oh, my god. He's gone." My voice breaks, tears silently slipping down my face. I rub my face and follow Wanda out of the bathroom. We walk back to the living room, coffee cold, and the sound of credits filling the room. 

"The Quinjet has arrived." I sit there, processing what the A.I. has said. I stand and run towards the stairs. I get to the top of the building, my legs moving as fast as possible. And, there he is. I stand, waiting for him to turn to me. And, he does. He smiles his bright smile, and charges towards me. He sweeps me up into his arms, giggles creeping up my throat. He sets me down and grabs my face, the coldness of his left hand somehow filling me with warmth. He plants kisses all over my face, making me smile till my cheeks hurt.

"I thought I lost you." I say, his eyes never failing to make my heart stop. He shakes his head.

"Oh, Doll. You could never lose me."

"What, forget about your old man?" I look past Bucky, revealing Tony Stark himself.

"Dad!" I run to him and throw my arms around his neck.

"That's what I thought." I laugh, looking up at him,"Hey, kid."

"I'm so glad you're safe." I smile, my cheeks hurting at this point

"Come on, let's get inside. I'm starving ."