Chapter 20

I watch in fear as they line all my loved ones up, guns to their heads. I'm screaming for them to stop, to take me instead, but no one can hear me. I yell louder and louder until my voice goes hoarse. I try to run for them, but my body won't move.

    I watch as the bullets go straight through their foreheads. One by one.

    Dad, dead.

    Morgan, dead.

    Pepper, dead.

    Wanda, dead.

    Bucky....dead.

    Tears form rivers over my pink cheeks. I scream for them, just to see them alive. Just for their chests to rise and fall, just for the color to return to their bodies, just for their hands to twitch and their blood to pump. But, no matter how much I want it, they never do. I hear heavy footsteps behind me, but I don't bother to look. I watch as blood flows from their heads and onto the pavement. I beg for death itself it take me instead, to spare their lives. I get no answer from death, but from life,"Look what you've done, Y/N,"Jeremy whispers in my ear,"Look what you've done."

    I wake with a start, sweat dripping from my face. I start to sob, the pictures of my dream replaying in my head. Bucky's eyes flutter open and adjusts to darkness. They grow worried once he sees me cry,"Doll," He sits up and pulls me into his arms,"It's ok. Shh it's ok. Just let it out; I'm right here." I grab his shirt to make sure he's real, my tears causing it to turn into a darker grey.

    I sit and cry, my quiet sniffles filling the room. Bucky's lips stay plastered to my head, which helps me become more grounded. His calloused fingers glide across my cheek and removing the salty tears. I hear him mumble words onto my head, but I don't understand them. This calms me, making my breath less and less jagged. He tilts my chin up with his flesh hand,"What happened, Doll?"

   Tears form in my eyes once again, the image of Bucky's blooding face forming in my mind,"Hey, you don't have to talk about it now. It was only a dream, but it was still scary. I get it," His arms wrap around me once again,"But, I'm here when you want to talk about it." My breathing slows again; comfort fills my body with warmth. I eventually doze back to sleep, Bucky's arms still around me.

    The next morning I find myself buried in Bucky's chest, our legs entangled. I look up, his glittering blue eyes gazing down at me,"Morning."

    "Morning, Doll." His lips find mine, and a smile forms on my face.

    "About last night-"

    "You have nothing to explain. You had a nightmare, and I was by your side. I don't need and explanation of it, and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." My grip on him becomes tighter as I recall the dream.

    "It was just the closest people to me, the people I love, including you, died. And it was my fault. I don't even know how but... you all got shot through the head and Jeremy was there telling me that it was my fault."

    "Listen, Doll. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not going anywhere. Not as long as you are here for me to protect. And, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

    I let out a deep sigh, fighting tears that form in my eyes. Before I know it, words are spilling out of my mouth,"Ti amo..."

    "What'd you say?"

    "Nothing. It.. it was nothing." My cheeks flush as I pray that Bucky didn't hear what I said.

    "Whatever you say, Doll."

    But, at the same time, I kind of wish he heard me, just to let him know that he was loved.