Chapter 15

I never did fall asleep. I was still shaken up from the events of last night, plus I didn't want to be asleep if Bucky had another nightmare. I wasn't scared of him, I was scared for him. No one, especially him, deserved to go through that.

    At around 7 am, I got up to go to the bathroom. The feeling of the hardwood floor was somewhat calming. Once I was done, I saw a very awake Bucky laying on his side, watching as a I washed my hands,"Good morning, handsome." I said. He smirked and walked over to me. His strong arms softly wrapped around my stomach, his lips resting on my cheek.

    "Good morning, Doll." His morning voice made my heart flutter. His chin rested on my shoulder,"I'm sorry, about last night..." His voice got quiet,"I'm so sorry."

    "James Buchanan Barnes, for the last time, you have absolutely no reason to apologize," I turned around in his arms till I could see his sullen face. He slowly nodded as his eyes found mine,"What you're going through... you have every reason to freak out like that." My lips brushed against his, and despite the briefness of it, it still sent fireworks throughout my entire body.

    "Thanks, Doll. I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled and headed towards his door. As much as I hate leaving him, I was in dire need of a shower. 

    I walked into my room, and the smell of lavender refreshed me. I took it in for a second, the cool temperature and the light feeling, and headed for the shower. The warm water washes over me, sending a chill up my spine. As I wash off, I keep replaying the images from Bucky's mind I saw last night. The body's, HYDRA, me. Everything was so scattered and confusing, and yet fit together like puzzle pieces.

    After thirty minutes or so, I hop out and grab a towel. It's not until I see Bucky standing in the corner that I quickly cover myself,"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to see if you were ok. You were in there for a while."

    "Babe, I was only in there for like thirty minutes."

    "You've been in the shower for the past hour and a half." I pause at his words. Had I really been in there that long?

    "Oh. Sorry, I guess I just lost track of time." Bucky smiled, and suddenly I was very aware that I was covered only by a towel. I grab my clothes and slip back into the bathroom. He stays in the corner, looking out at the big buildings of New York. I dry my hair and place it in a bun. I walk out in black sweat pants and a dark grey AC/DC t-shirt. I sink into Bucky's arms, taking in his addicting scent. It's faint, but it's mesmerising and smells like lemongrass and cologne.

    "What do you wanna do today, Soldier?" I ask, looking up at him. 

    "What do you want to do, Doll."

    "Stay with you and sleep."

    "Doll, you just woke up."

    "Who says I ever slept?" I let go of him and fall into bed. I pull the blanket up to my chin and close my eyes as they became too heavy to keep open. Bucky joined me, but not before grabbing a few more blankets from the corner. For most of the day we just stayed like that, talking quietly with a few naps in between.

    The sun was going down when I woke to the sweet smell of what could only be Nat's infamous cooking. Bucky, who was subconsciously playing with my hair, didn't want to leave the comfort of my room. But, my stomach disagreed. I pulled him up off my bed, and pulled him towards the kitchen.

   We walked in and greeted the rest of the team, some giving us sly smirks. We sat down and were immediately overwhelmed with questions from the team. How are you guys doing or Have you guys done anything interesting lately, blah blah blah. Thankfully, it all stopped when Nat gave everyone their plates of chicken alfredo. 

   As much as I tried not to, I couldn't help but inhale the food because it was so good. Afterwards, I was so full I could barely walk. As everyone left, I insisted that Bucky carry me. And, he did. He carried me bridal style all the way to our hallway,"So my room or yours?" He asked, looking up and down the hall.

    "Yours."

    "My room it is."