Chapter 25

Wanda stays for a bit, we talk, both of us obviously avoiding the big elephant in the room. Ten o'clock rolls around and there's a knock on my door. It creaks open to reveal Bucky, who looks at Wanda then back at me.

"Wanda can you give us a minute?" I ask, my gaze never leaving Bucky's.

"Yeah, sure." She strolled out of the room, leaving me and Bucky.

"What's wrong?" He looks disheveled, broken even. I hate seeing him like this. I open my arms and he leans into me.

"I guess my mind still thinks that you're.. not here with me, that you're in danger. I was really worried about you, Doll."

"Well I would say that there was nothing to worry about, but I don't wanna lie to you."

We lay on my bed, our legs intertwined and his fingers gently exploring the wrinkles on my hand,"If you ever need to talk to someone, I'm all ears,"His fingers slide up to my cheek,"I hope you know that."

"I do, Buck. I do." I give him a sad smile, my mind still replaying the last four weeks.

Jeremy.

The beating.

Jeremy.

Jeremy.

"Jeremy..."

"What?"

"I... I can't seem to get away from him." My lip quiver and Bucky pulls me closer,"He won't leave me alone. I can't get him off of me."

"Shh shh, it's hard, I know- wait what did you say?"

"He... he won't take his hands off me. No matter how many times I say no... no matter how many times I try to forget, he won't leave me alone." Now the tears are really coming down. Bucky's shirt is entirely soaked and I can't seem to catch a breath.

"Doll... did he touch you?" I can't look at him, my mind already displays the look of disappointment he most likely has on his face. He'll leave me for sure. No one wants something that's broken. I slowly nod my head, my stomach dropping lower and lower by the second,"I'm gonna kill him."

"What? You're not mad?"

"No, Doll, I'm extremely ecstatic that you hurt you like that." He says, sarcastically. He gets up and heads for the door.

"Wait." I do my best to walk in front of the door, blocking his way,"Please don't tell anyone."

"Doll, we've gotta do something abou-"

"No."

"Y/N we have to do something!" He steps closer to me, causing me to flinch,"Shit, I... I'm sorry." My hands shake as I stare at the floor. He slowly walks forward to me, careful of the moves he takes. He finally reaches me and opens his arms, waiting for me to walk into them. I quickly wrap my arms around him as tears rush down my face,"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... I'm sorry."

"It's ok sniff." He's carefully squeezes me a little bit tighter.

"I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to. You just didn't deserve to go through that and I just... I don't want to let it slide." His hand glides over my hair, playing with my split ends before starting again.

"You're not letting it slide, and I'm happy about that but... I don't want anyone to know right now. That's all."

"Whatever makes you happy, Doll."