Chapter 24

At some point in time, I passed out from exhaustion and pain, and somewhat the comfort of being in Bucky's arms again. I couldn't even begin to describe how much I had longed for him in those 4 long weeks.

    Eventually, I woke up to the sound of chatter and beeping. Before I opened my eyes, I sat there to take in the comfort of being in an actual bed again. Even if it is just a hospital bed. Apparently the flinching of my fingers brought attention to the very drained Bucky sitting next to me, struggling to keep his eyes open.

    "Y/N?"

    I finally opened my eyes, eager to see his once again,"Hey, Soldier."

   "Oh my god," He gently wraps his arms around me as I sit up,"I thought I lost you." My arms slide around his neck, my fingers finding their way to his hair. I take a deep breath in, his signature scent filling my senses. I grab his face, his blue eyes meeting my y/e/c ones. I study them, take mental notes, of every different shade of blue, every little line of color, every glisten in his eyes. How I longed to look at them for what seemed like years.

    I smile, my vision blurry with tears,"Oh, babe. You could never lose me." And with that, Bucky buries his head in the crook of my neck, small sobs coming from him. Now that I think of it, I've never actually seen Bucky cry. There's a first time for everything right?

    "Y/N! Of course the only five minutes that I actually leave the room." Dad walks in a small smile in his face. Bucky backs up, quickly wiping his cheeks. Dad squeezes me tight, and I gasp at the pain all over me,"Kid, are you ok?"

    "Yeah just... bruised I guess." I awkwardly laugh as memories come flooding back.

    The whiping.

    The beating.

    Jeremy....

    "How long... how long have I been out?" 

    "Only a few days." Steve says, the rest of the team standing behind him.

    "Great um... can I get out of here? I kinda want to go take a shower." Dad looks back at Bruce, who nods his head. He comes over and takes the I.V. out of my arm and turns off the monitor. I stand up, pain immediately flooding to my knees. I lean onto Bucky and groan in pain,"Can you carry me to my room, please?" He agrees, his arms resting on my back on under my knees.

    I bury my head in Bucky's chest as he carries me to my bathroom. He pushes open my room, and I'm flooded with warmth. I missed my room. I missed my home. Bucky walks into my bathroom and sets me down on the counter,"I'm gonna go start the shower for you." He kisses my forehead and heads to the shower. 

    I start to slowly pull my shirt over my head, but I'm stopped by the bruising around my shoulders,"Hey, Bucky?"

    Bucky's head pops out from behind the wall,"Yes, Doll?"

    "Little help?"

    "Yeah sure." The water starts running and Bucky walks back over to me. His fingers brush against my stomach as he slides my shirt off. I can't help but notice that his eyes don't leave my bruised and bloodied stomach,"Oh, Doll...."

    "Hey, my eyes are up here, Soldier." His eyes meet mine, worry spread across his face,"I'm ok. Really."

    "I know but... if only I'd found you sooner, this wouldn't have happened. God, I can't believe I let that happen." His arms slowly snake around my bare skin, his chin resting on my shoulder,"What did he do to you?"

    "I don't wanna talk about it." I push him off of me, my eyes not able to meet his. I trudge over to the shower, take off the rest of my clothing, and get in.

    "Shit, I'm sorry-"

    "Don't be I just... don't want to think about that place."

    "I get it..."

     I hear the bathroom door close and slide down the shower wall. Tears combine with water, but the only thing I feel is his cold, calloused fingers all over me. No matter what I do, how hard I scrub, I can't get is touch off my skin. Eventually, I give up, but that's only when Wanda interrupts me.

    "Are you ok, love?"

    "Yeah," I turn the water off and grab my towel,"Yeah I'm fine."

    "I'm so glad you're back, Y/N. We missed you. I missed you. If you need anything I'm just a few doors down."

    "Thank you, Wanda,"I turn to her, water sliding down my back,"I don't know what I'd do without you."