Epilogue

"It's only a month, babe. I'll be back before you know it. I promise." I hold Bucky's face in my hands, the stubble on his jaw tickling my palms.

He kisses the inside of my hands,"I know. I'm gonna miss you, that's all."

"I know you will." I say, a snarky grin appearing on my face. He smiles, and my heart still flutters, even after almost a year of being together again. Thankfully, there hasn't been any big threats since... well, Jeremy.

"I love you, Doll." Bucky says, pulling me into his chest, his face nuzzled in my hair. 

I look up at him and bring my lips to his forehead,"I love you, too, Soldier." With that, I head towards the quinjet, having already said goodbye to the rest of the team.

I sit on one of the leather seats as my mind replays my goodbye. My chest grows heavy; I should've said a better goodbye, or at least kissed him.

Dammit, Barnes.

"Wait! Don't leave yet!" I yell to the pilot, nearly jumping out of my seat. I burst out of the exit, and thankfully, Bucky is still standing there. His face contorts in confusion as I start running to him. 

I jump into his arms and my lips smash into his. My legs wrap around his waist, his hands resting under my thighs,"Ok. I've actually gotta go now." I state. I give him one more quick kiss before running back towards the plane. I look back, a goofy grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. I blow him one last kiss, before shutting the exit again.

I head back to my seat, emotions tugging at my chest. He makes me so happy, but I won't see him for four weeks about. So, I'm happy in a sad way, I decide. 

I feel the jet take off, the weird feeling of leaving the tower finally setting in.  This is my first mission alone; I haven't done this alone before.

But, what could go wrong?

YOYOYO IF YOU'RE READING THIS GO CHECK OUT PART TWO IT'S GONNA BE SOOOOOO GOOD EHEHEH