Chapter 11

"Y/N!" Dad runs up and hugs me as soon as Bucky stops,"DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN OR YOU'LL BE GROUNDED TILL YOU'RE EIGHTY!" I laugh in his arms, happy to know he cares about me. Everyone else joins us, shaken by the recent events. After making sure the area is clear of the HYDRA soldiers, we all head back to the tower. Bucky's hand didn't leave mine the entire way home.

    As soon as we got upstairs, I plopped onto the couch. My head was pounding with mixed emotions. I started to drift off to sleep, but the sudden conversation in the kitchen snapped me out of it,"How do you feel about my daughter, Barnes?" Dad asks. Curious of what will be said, I stay hidden on the couch, pretending to sleep.

    "I'm sorry?" Bucky responds.

    "I asked how you felt about my daughter."

    There's a short period of silence, broken when Bucky says,"You know how I feel about your daughter, Tony."

    "Well yes but... how did you feel today, huh? When we all thought she was gone?"

    "I... I felt angry and worried and scared. After everything Y/N's been through with HYDRA already, she doesn't deserve any more pain. Hell, she doesn't deserve any of it in the first place," Silence once again. I thought they had walked off before Bucky finishes,"I care about her very much, Tony. I'd rather go through HYDRA again than have her do it." This makes my eyes water. I know what HYDRA put him through, and to think he would rather do that then let me, is scary.

    "You know, I've only felt like that for one person." Dad admits.

    "Who?"

    "My wife, Pepper. I remember, years ago during a fight, she fell from about 100 feet in the air. I promised I would catch her, and... and I didn't it tore me apart instantly. Once I got the ground, she turned out to be alive; she saved my ass from the people we were fighting. This crazy scientist dude had done this test on her and it saved her life. I knew from then on that I would rather die than let her go through anything remotely close to that," he pauses,"Speaking of which, I've gotta get back to her... just please don't hurt Y/N. If you do, I'll kick your ass." 

    "I wouldn't think of it." I hear Dad walk over to me. He kisses me on the forehead, and walks towards the elevator. And, with that I doze off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Please," I beg, the pain across my body makes my vision turn to static,"Please stop." I grit my teeth at the feeling of the whip slash my bare skin. The chains around my wrists and ankles rubs my skin raw.

    "This is your punishment, Soldier. You shouldn't have disobeyed direct order." I feel blood ooze down my stomach, my skin cold and beaten.

    "It was an innocent mother and her child!" I yell, anger coursing through my blood.

    "You did not do as you were told!" The crack of the whip against my thighs makes me cry out in pain,"You are a disappointment, Y/N. No wonder your mother handed you over so easily."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I wake with a start, my breath, shaky and my skin, moist from sweat. As I take in my dream, I breakdown and cry into a nearby pillow, making sure to not wake anyone. I hate my mother. I eventually wipe my cheeks and look at the clock on the wall, which reads 4:14. Realizing I'm on the couch, I hobble towards the elevator.

    I reach the floor above the living room, and walk to my room. As I trudge down the hall, I find myself stopping in front of Bucky's room. I raise my hand to knock, but my hands stops before it touches the wood. Before I can completely stop myself, my fist taps the door quietly. After  a minute, I question if he heard me or not. He's probably asleep, so I keep walking, but turn back when I hear the squeaking of hinges,"Hey, Doll," Bucky says softly, his morning voice causing a blush to form on my cheeks,"Is everything alright?"

    "Yeah I just... I had a bad dream." Bucky pulls me into a warm embrace. He rests his chin on the top of my head, his fingers sliding up and down my back for comfort.

   He walks me back towards his door,"Would you like to come in?"