Chapter 7

Before meeting him on the balcony, I rush to change into some decent clothes. I throw on a light gray sweater and some ripped jeans. I put my h/c hair into a tight knot, decide to brush my teeth, and take a deep breathe before heading towards the balcony. Who knows what's about to happen.

    I step into the elevator, heart beating at a million miles per hour, and I can't help but be a little starstruck by what's happened in the past forty five minutes. I've had breakfast with my love obsessed team, ranted to Wanda about my love for Bucky, got walked in on by Bucky, kissed Bucky twice, and now I'm going to meet him on the balcony to do god only knows what.

    I'm snapped out of my trance by the ding of the elevator. Once I step out, I notice Bucky standing outside on the balcony. He looks calm, composed. He stares out towards the city, his hands in his pockets, his hair flowing in the wind, not as elegantly as it would have years ago when it was still long, but it still looks amazing. As I inch closer and closer to the door, my heartbeat becomes more and more noticable. As I reach for the door handle, my heart is beating so loudly, I think it might literally beat out of my chest. 

    I swing open the door, and I am instantly hit with a cool autumn breeze. Bucky looks over his shoulder, and a smile tugs at the corners of his lips. I walk towards him, preparing myself for what he might say, or do.

    "Hi, Doll." He says softly, his stare singeing through my own.

    "Hi, Soldier." He chuckles at the nostalgic name.

    "Now there's a name I haven't heard in years. Glad you're bringing it back."

    "Yeah, but uh, why exactly did you wanna meet me out here?"

    "I don't know. Seems like a better place to talk than a bathroom, don't cha think?"

    "I do..."

    My head is still swimming with thoughts of what might happen out here, but my heart is calmer. I realize that there may not be as much to worry about as I thought.

    "So what I wanted to talk to you about," He looks out towards the city, then back at me,"Y/N I really don't think you know what you're getting yourself into."

    "Bucky, I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. I've felt this way for years and I've known you even longer. I know your humor, I know your personality, I know that you love dancing, I know that you're very closed up when it comes to anything about HYDRA, I know that you've known Steve for as long as you can remember, and I know that I can't go a day without thinking about you're jaw-dropping eyes, or your comforting smile," I walk closer towards him,"Bucky, I can't go a day without thinking of you and it kills me to know that for all these years I've felt this way and for all these years... all I've ever wanted with you could've been possible."

    "Y/N I-"

    "James Buchanan Barnes I want you. End of story. And, I don't care how complicated you are, because I'm complicated too. We can be complicated together." For a second we just stand there in silence before Bucky embraces me as tight as he can. He releases me and smiles. He leans down and kisses me passionately for what seems like forever. I wish it were forever.

    "So, I'm guessing this is going to be a recurring thing now." Steve is leaning against the doorway, a small smile on his face.

    "I sure as hell hope it will be." Bucky says, his best friend walking closer to us.

    "Good job, pal. You chose a good one."

    "I know I did." Bucky smiles down at me, and all I can do is smile back.

    "Anyways, the team is having a meeting in a few minutes. Just making sure Y/N is caught up to speed and all that."

    "We'll be up there shortly." Bucky wraps his right arm around my waist, as a way of protection I'm guessing.

    "Oh, and by the way," Steve says, turning around,"Unless you want Tony finding out about you two, I suggest you guys be wary of what the rest of the team says. You know how they are." Steve walks out, and I turn to Bucky

    "Are you ready for your dad to know about us?"

    "Considering the fact that I'm still processing this myself, I don't think so."

    "Sounds fair to me. I don't feel like dying today." We kiss once more before interlocking fingers and heading towards the elevator. I hope nothing goes wrong in that meeting.