Chapter 9

"Enjoying your you time, Doll?"

    "I'd prefer me and you time," I walk over to Bucky, wrapping my arms around him,"But yes." I stand on my toes and place a gentle kiss on his lips. I feel him smile and almost can't resist another.

    "Well, I'm sorry to bother you, but Steve said you wanted to see me?" I walk back to my chair and fold my sweater over myself.

    "That's right. I just, I don't know, maybe wanted to talk about what happened this morning." I feel the mood shift, causing me to gnaw at the inside of my cheek.

    "What about it?"

    "Well, how do you feel about it?" I look him in the eyes, curious what he's thinking about. I peek into his mind, and find him recalling the events of this morning. I leave his memories, ashamed of myself. He smiles and crouches next to my chair.

    "Well, I think you're the bravest woman I've ever met. Even I wouldn't stand up to Tony like that, and I'm an ex assassin." He looks up at me, meeting my gaze. He rubs his course fingers gently on my hand,"Although, I'm still not quite sure why you did it."

    "One, no one tells me what to do with my life, not even my Dad. And, two, he needs to learn to respect the relationships I choose to have and respect the people I care about."

    "Are you implying that you care about me?"

    "I most certainly am, Soldier." He smiles, and it fills my chest with warmth. He presses my hand to his lips, and I cradle his cheek in my palm.

    "I'm so glad you're here, Y/N." He stands up, and takes me with him. For a minute, I just stand there in his warm arms. Then, he breaks the enchanting silence,"Why don't you ever use your powers?"

    "I don't exactly have a reason to, I guess." The devil on my shoulder laughs at the irony.

    "Makes sense." He tilts my chin up with his knuckle,"How bout I take you somewhere tonight, get out of the house for a bit?"

    "Sounds great." I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek,"Come get me from my room at eight."

    "I'll see you at eight."

    For a few hours, I decide to chill in my room. Once six thirty comes around, I pick out a flowy off the shoulder blue dress and a pair of boots that look like they were made in the seventies. I leave my hair down and don't do anything special with my makeup. It's a very casual look. I hope Bucky doesn't mind.

    At exactly eight o'clock, I hear a light knock on my door. I open it to find Bucky wearing a black button up shirt that's not fully buttoned and blue jeans. His hair is cleaned up and the stubble on his face has been reduced to almost nothing. The sight of him makes my legs weak and my face burn up.

    "Don't you look gorgeous." He smiles, making my condition worse.

    "I... I could say the same about you, Soldier."

    "Thanks, Doll," He holds out his hand, causing me to notice the unusual rings on his hand,"Shall we?"

    I take his hand,"We shall." We walk through the kitchen to elevator. I notice Wanda drinking a cup of something, and she gives me an excited look. I flash her a wholehearted smile. The elevator doors open and Bucky leads me in,"So where are we going?"

    He looks down at me, a piece of his hair falling into his face,"I thought maybe we could go dancing, then maybe get some dinner at that really good italian place down the road."

    "Sounds fancy. If you keep it up, I may just never leave your side."

    "That would be the worst thing ever." He smiles and kisses my forehead. We reach the bottom floor of the tower and step out. There's a car waiting for us outfront. He gets into the driver's seat, leaving me in shotgun,"You know, I never imagined us going out like this. Back in HYDRA, I thought we'd be stuck there forever," He clenches his jaw, obviously uncomfortable with the topic,"And, after I got my memory back... I thought I'd never see you again."

    "Well, I'm here now so there's nothing to worry about." I grab his hand and trace my thumb over his knuckles. We talk a bit while driving, laughing here and there. We reach a red light and come to a pause. I suddenly hear screaming, and shoot Bucky a confused look. We look around, scanning the area for a threat. It's only when I notice a car flying towards us that I realize somethings wrong. I use powers to set the car gently on the ground. I get out of the car, Bucky following. 

    "What do you think is going on?" I ask.

    "I don't know, Doll. But, whatever it is, it's not good."

Hey y'all! Happy Easter, or if you don't celebrate Easter, then happy Sunday. You made it through another week, take a second and be proud of yourself. I hope y'all have a good rest of your day, and an even better week. If you haven't noticed I post a new chapter everyday. Thank you so much for reading!