Chapter 3

"What?" Bucky retorts, one eyebrow raised.

    "You heard me. How much do you remember?" I asked him, more sternly this time.

    "Y/N, I remember everything." I let out a sigh of relief. Things would be very weird if he only remembered bits and pieces from HYDRA. I stop dancing and wrap my arms around him. He's smells just like he did six years ago. He has his own specific scent. It's absolutely intoxicating,"Well, I missed you, too, doll." He says, resting his chin on the top of my head.

    The slow song ends and pop music turns back on. I grab my champagne from the counter and me and Bucky continue talking.  We catch up on everything since HYDRA, and recall memories from the horrific place. I forgot how much I missed him. Honestly, I haven't thought about him in ages, not since I uncovered his mind-wiping.

    About twenty minutes of catching up, Wanda calls everyone back to the couch,"So, I was thinking. In honor of our new member's arrival, I thought maybe we should play truth or dare. Just so she can get to know everyone better."

    "I didn't know we were in middle school." Dad says passive aggressively.

    "Dad! I'm sorry about him, Wanda. You know how much of a smartass he is. But, anyways, I think it's a great idea." I glare at Dad. He holds his hands up in defense, smiling. I turn my attention back to the group when I hear my name.

    "Y/N, truth or dare?" Bucky asks from the other side of the couch. The look he's giving me with his relaxed position, crossed arms, and intense stare makes me smirk.

    "Dare." I said, staring back at him. His cheeks turned pink and he looked down at his hands as he thought.

    He intensely stares at his hands for what seems like eternity,"Damn, I can't think of anything. Does anyone have an idea?" He asks, looking around the room

    "I dare you to sit in the lap of the hottest person in the room," Says Natasha, a sly half smile plastered on her face.

    Steve laughs,"Well that escalated quickly." He gives Bucky a cheeky smile, who punches him playfully in the arm.

    "Well, I can't exactly sit in my own lap," I state, making everyone laugh and my Dad proud,"So, I guess I'll go with..," I spin around, eyes landing on the lucky candidate,"You." I say, my eyes landing on Bucky. My heart feels as if it'll jump out of my chest and walk away, but I keep my breath steady. Everyone ooh's as I walk over to Bucky. His entire face turns red. As guilty as I feel about it, I take a quick peek into his thoughts. He's practically screaming about how "gorgeous I look in my dress"; I almost trip over my own two feet, finally reaching Bucky.

    "My daughter, everyone." Dad gestured to me, and everyone laughed. He glares at Bucky, quick enough to where I'm the only observant of the situation.

    "I guess it's my turn to ask. Natasha truth or dare?" I said, looking around the room.

    "Please, call me Nat. And truth."

    "Uhhhh, what's your favorite color." I laugh at the childish question. As she answers, I realize how tense Bucky is. I grab his arms and wrap them around my waist. I whisper in his ear,"Relax, I really don't mind and I don't think anyone else does." I know he feels the same when he rests his chin on my shoulder.

    Once midnight rolls around, everyone starts getting tired. Nat, Thor, and the nerdy Bruce Banner have gone to their rooms, Clint and Steve have fallen asleep, Sam Wilson and Rhodey have  gone home, leaving Bucky, Wanda, Dad, and me. We all decide it's was time to turn in. 

I trudge over to say goodnight to Dad,"Are you sure you don't wanna come home? You don't have to stay here." He asks, a hint of worry accenting his tone.

"I know, Dad. But, I want to. It's time I became a little more independent." I hug him to assure him I would be ok.

"Alright, kiddo. Go get some sleep." He says, stepping into the elevator. Once he's gone, I bid goodnight to Wanda and Bucky. One second on my bed, and I fall into what may be the deepest sleep I've ever had.