Chapter 2

My heart is banging in my chest. What is he doing here? How did he get here? God, I need to get out of here. I speed walk towards the elevator door, looking at the ground. Too deep into thought, I run into Wanda.

    "What's wrong?" She asks.

    "I need to get out of here."

    "Why? What happened?"

    "You know Bucky over there? He was my trainer at HYDRA and let's just say we weren't the closest." I say, my face now flushed and hot.

    "Well that doesn't mean you have to leave. Come on, we'll go to the bathroom for a minute."

    Wanda grabs my wrist and leads me towards the obnoxiously large bathroom. I splash cold water on my face before I turn to Wanda to explain everything.

    "Ok so I said that we weren't the closest, right? Well that's not exactly true. I met him about 10 months before Tony rescued me from HYDRA. Anyways, he was assigned to me as my trainer because my last trainer I had accidentally injured. We became really close. He was my best friend, and after a while I caught feelings for him. Then maybe 3 months before I left, he went to go talk to our boss, Mr. Pierce, and when he came back he didn't act the same. It was like he didn't know me. So, heartbroken and angry, I started hating him and didn't even bother to ask questions. Then, after Tony saved me, I did research on HYDRA and figured out that they were wiping his memory to become the Winter Soldier."

     Wanda leaned against the counter, shocked. She knew I had gone to HYDRA, but we had only recently become close enough to where I was comfortable telling her about my experience.

    "Well, you're lucky he remembers you now." Wanda stated. I got a shiver down my spine. He remembers me?

    "How does he remember me? That shouldn't be possible." I place my hands on my hips and pace across the bathroom.

    "After awhile he started to remember things, like his old pal, Steve, and everything at HYDRA. He always talked about you, especially after he found out that you were going to be apart of the Avengers."

    I feel my face get hotter imagining Bucky ranting about me. I should probably go and talk to him. I tell Wanda that I should apologize about walking away, to which she agrees. I take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom. When we walk into the living room, we see everyone sitting on couch. The only person who seems to notice us is none other than Bucky himself. Our eyes meet for a second; I look away before I turn turn into a puddle.

    "So, Y/N," Says Clint Barton,"How do you like the team so far?" He takes a sip of his whiskey that's sitting on the coffee table

    "I actually really like everyone. I just hope none of you guys have a problem with me." I look straight at Bucky when I say that, his heart-stopping blue eyes tearing through me. Without realizing it, Wanda has gotten me a glass of champagne.

    "Now that you can drink, I propose a toast. To Y/N, I think I speak for the whole team when I say that we're happy you're here." Wanda raises her glass, everyone follows.

    "To Y/N!" Everyone takes a sip of champagne, me more than anyone else. I notice Dad pull his phone out of his pocket, and I know exactly what he's going to do.

    When some 2000's pop starts playing, he stands up and announces,"My kiddo deserves a great first day celebration. So, let's give her one!" All the Avengers get up and start dancing. As reluctant as I was to, Wanda grabs my arm and leads me to an empty spot of the room. I start dancing and suddenly, it's all I want to do. The panic I've had tonight is drowned out by the beat of the music. 

    But, everything changes when, for some reason, a slow song comes on. Of course, I'm away from Wanda, getting some more champagne when this happens. It gives him the opportunity to talk to me, which he took.  Before I know it, the man I wanted to look at the least in the room comes up to me and asks, holding his vibranium hand out,"May I have this dance?"

    To his and my surprise, I set down my fresh champagne, take his hand, and start dancing. I have so many things to ask him. I feel like my mind is about to explode when I blurt out,"How much do you remember?"