Chapter 8

For the first twenty minutes, I was worried that someone would spill the beans. If Dad found out that I was basically dating Bucky he would probably have a heart attack and force me to move back home. And, that would be embarrassing considering I've only been here for a week.

    "So, Y/N, you understand how everything works?" Dad stared me down from across the table.

    "Huh?" I realize that I've basically missed everything,"Oh, yes. Sorry."

    Dad concludes the meeting, and I panic when he starts walking towards me,"You ok, kiddo?" I have the sudden urge to come clean to him, tell him about everything that's happened in the past few days. But, I push it to the back of my mind.

    "I'm fine I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

    "I get that. Just excited to be here?"

    "Something like that."

    Once everyone has left the room, we all go into the living room. Bucky is leaned up against the wall and I'm sitting next to Wanda on the couch. I notice that he's staring at me, and I hope to god Dad doesn't see.

    "So has anything interesting happened since Y/N got here?" Everyone goes silent. I look everywhere in the room except for at Dad,"Alright what happened." I look at Bucky, giving him a what should we do look. He walks over and stands behind where I'm sitting.

    "Y/N what happened." Dad asks, giving Bucky a glance and looking back at me. I feel the back of my neck get hot. I look at Wanda and she gives me a nod. I gulp down my fear and start talking.

    "Dad, I met someone. Or, well, remet someone."

    "What do you mean by that?"

    "Ok just try to stay calm... me and Bucky-"

    "Don't finish that sentence." He stands up and looks like he may keep me at home till I'm eighty years old,"Pack your stuff. You're coming home with me."

    "Dad you can't just-"

    "I can and I just did. Go pack your stuff."

    "But Dad-"

    "Go. Pack. Your. Stuff."

    "Let me finish just one goddamn sentence!" I yell, my head aching with anger,"You can't tell me what to do anymore. I'm an adult and I don't live at home anymore. And, most importantly, you definitely can't control who I do and don't hang around with," Dad stares at me in shock,"This is my life. Not yours." I run out of the room, rage coursing through my veins. I go to my room, and take a breather. He can't tell me what to do, he can't do anything about it. There's no reason to be so upset if he can't do anything. 

    After a few minutes, I hear a knock on the door. I open the door, expecting Bucky, but surprisingly, it's Steve,"Hey, Y/N. Is this a bad time?"

    "No, not at all." I gesture into my room and he walks in. I think it's strange, Steve now talking to me. We've never talked just me and him.

    "Sorry for bothering you. But, I just thought it was really brave what you did back there. I don't think I've ever seen someone stand up to Tony like that."

    "I got my sassiness from somewhere right? Might as well use it."

    "Yeah," He smiles,"You should've seen the look on Buck's face. If I didn't know any better I would say he fell a hundred times more in love with you." I can't help but smile. The thought of there being an ounce of love in Bucky's heart that's for me makes me feel warm and makes me want to see him.

    "It's probably because not many people have stood up for him. He's always the one standing up for people."

    "Well, someone had to." Steve smiles, and heads for the door,"Oh, and Steve. If you see Bucky, tell him to come find me." Steve nods, and heads down the hall. I fall onto my bed, feeling giddy. Then, I realize how messy my room is. I don't exactly want the guy I'm head over heels for to see my room like this. So, I grab a book and a sweater, and head for the balcony. 

    Thankfully, it's not long until I hear him walking to the door.