Chapter 17

I wake in the comfort of his arms, and I couldn't ask for anything more,"Good morning, Doll." He whispers to me, making me smile. His fingers run through my hair as mine draw shapes on his chest. We lay there for what seems like hours. It takes me back to when I was a kid and I was still close to my mother. She would hold me close in the morning and whisper to me a quote to me over and over. It's a quote I'll never forget.

    "Amato tu sei da me." I whisper into Bucky's chest. 

   "Il mio amore se per te." I look up him in shock.

   "I didn't know you could speak Italian." 

   "There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Doll." Bucky kisses my forehead and climbs out of bed. I rub my eyes, the dim light of the sun blocked by white curtains. I stretch across the bed, attempting to get the last amount of tiredness out of my system.

    It doesn't work. Shock.

    About ten minutes later, I'm being pulled out of bed by Bucky. Eventually, he throws me over his shoulder like I weigh nothing and walks out of his room. We enter the kitchen to find Nat and Steve, their conversation put to a pause.

    "James Buchanan Barnes put me down this instant!"

   "Or what?"

   "Don't even go there or I'll make your life a living hell."

   "She really is a mini-me." Dad walks in, a black coffee cup in his hand. He takes a sip, a smile on his face. He leans against the counter, saying hi to both Steve and Nat. They watch as Bucky sets me on the ground. I punch his arm and trudge to the pantry, frantically searching for the cereal.

    Before I get the chance to find it, Dad calls me over,"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

    "Sure, what's up?" Me and Dad walk to a corner in the living room, far enough to where anyone in the kitchen can't hear us.

    "As much as I hate to say this... I actually really like you and Cyborg together." 

    "Wait are you being serious?"

    "Yeah. I had a talk with him the other day, after the whole run in with HYDRA and it make me realize that the Tin Man may not be so bad. I've also seen the way he acts around you. He's not so much of a hardass. I think he's good for you, kiddo" I throw my arms around Dad, hugging him tight. I know how much he doesn't like Bucky, after what happened with Grandma and Grandpa...,"If he ever tries to hurt you, come find me. I have a suit and I'm not afraid to use it."

    I laugh and roll my eyes at his remark. We walk back into the kitchen, only to find Steve and Bucky arguing on who's more muscular,"They're such men." I say to Nat, making her laugh. She agrees and sips her coffee. I, eventually, break things up and pull Bucky into the pantry.

    "You're gonna help me find the cereal." I say sternly.

    "Fine. You've gotta admit tho, Doll, I am more muscu-"

    "For god's sakes I'M STARVING HELP ME FIND THE GODDAMN CEREAL!" Bucky puts his hand up in defeat and looks around the pantry,"I am dating you and not Steve for a reason after all." Bucky laughs and kisses the top of my head.

    Eventually, I pour myself a bowl of cereal and sit down with everyone else. I turn to Bucky,"So, what do you wanna do today?"

    "That's up to you."