Chapter 22

"Actually, here's a better question, how are you even alive? I quite literally tore you apart in the middle of New York." My eyes flicker purple, as well as my twitching fingers.

     Jeremy laughs,"I have my ways, little Y/N." I hear footsteps in the grass, and I pray to god that it's not Mom, Morgan, or Wanda. But once I turn around, I kinda wish it was. Instead of help, I find at least a hundred HYDRA soldiers, all with guns pointed towards me and Bucky.

     "Is that supposed to scare me," My foot stomps the ground and all the soldiers going flying backwards,"If so, you did a great job at failing."

      "Y/N, we can do this the easy way. Or, the hard way." I hear the clicking of guns behind me. The soldiers are back on their feet and have come closer to us,"Buck over here doesn't even have to come with us. All the boss needs is you."

      I bite my lip and think. If I go, they'll most likely leave everyone alone, leave my family alone. I may go through more consecutive years of torture but... if it saves everyone from HYDRA's annoying little death threats then it's very much worth it.

      I look back at Bucky, a cold look plastered on his face. His eyebrows are knitted on his forehead, his eyes creating bullet holes along my body. He shakes his head, obviously knowing what I'm about to do. Tears form in my eyes as I walk towards him. I quickly apologize before kissing his lips, causing him to fly towards the house.

     "If I go, you have to leave everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, that I love alone. Got it?" Jeremy curtly nods his head and crosses his finger over his heart. He starts toward the woods, I follow.

     "Oh,  can't forget," Jeremy pulls something out of his pocket,"Don't want you killing me again, am I right?" He places metal handcuffs on my wrists. The only difference is that they cover not just my wrists but my hands, too.

     "How are you alive?"

     "Let's just say, Doll, I have excellent regeneration powers."

     "Don't call me that."

     Jeremy stops in tracks, and my heart picks up speed. He turns and places his cold, dirty fingers around my neck, pushing me up against a tree,"I'll call you whatever the hell I want," His hand slides down from my neck to the hem of my shirt, his fingers fiddling with the seam,"Doll."

     I gulp down my anger and fear, and continue walking.