Chapter 13

My eyes go wide, and I grip Bucky's hand tighter,"I-I'm sorry?" I stutter. Everyone looks at Nat, then Bucky and I, and back at Nat. Clint groans, and hands what looks like a twenty dollar bill to Steve, who has a sly grin on his face.

    "You guys were betting on us?" Bucky looks down at me in shock. 

    "Well, we knew it was gonna happen eventually." Clint says, slumped down in his chair.

    I look at Bucky and can't help but laugh. And, so does he, along with everyone in the kitchen. I turn back to everyone,"I guess you were right. But, if anyone tells my dad, I'll kill you before he kills me." Everyone nods, smiles still plastered on their faces. We get on with breakfast, everyone thanking Nat for the amazing eggs and bacon. After I finished, I placed my plate in my sink and left to the balcony.

   I grabbed the book I was currently reading sat in a plastic chair . About two minutes later, Wanda bursts through the glass doors,"WERE YOU PLANNING ON TELLING ME THAT YOU FELT THAT WAY ABOUT BUCKY OR WHAT?!"

   "Ok, calm down," I stood up and rested my hands on her shoulders,"And, I mean, I thought it was obvious. Apparently it was to the rest of the team." 

   "I know, but I thought it would take y'all like months to get there." She sits in a chair beside me, her hair shifting from the wind.

    "Well, if I had just met him then yeah. Wanda, I've felt this way about Bucky for years, you've gotta remember that."

     "That's true I guess. I'm just kinda in shock, I mean, I've known you a while and the most of a relationship you've ever had was a date with a guy that you'd never see again. So, it's kind of weird to think of you being that close to somebody."

     "Touché. But, you'll get used to it. Honestly I'm still getting used to it myself."

     "Yeah... kinda reminds me of me and Vis. I wish he would stay here instead of Dr. Cho's lab in Seoul. Can't exactly have a great relationship when your boyfriend's being tested on."

     "I'm sorry, Wanda. Maybe I can talk Dad into moving him here."

     "Thank you, Y/N." Wanda smiles sadly. I place a hand on her knee, reassuring her that everything will be alright,"Anyways, tell me more about you and Bucky."

     I smile, the thought of him making my heart beat a little bit faster. As I breathe in to talk about everything, the doors open once again. I peer through the door as it opens,"Well speak of the devil." I say, a confused look on Bucky's face.

     He sees Wanda and looks back at me,"Oh, sorry am I interrupting?"

     I look back Wanda, wanting to know her answer,"No not at all." She answers with a smile.

    "Are you sure? Cause I can come ba-"

    "Get your ass out here before I decide otherwise." I say, waving him over. He sits down beside us, and no one says a word. After about five minutes of awkwardness and small talk, Wanda says goodbye and leaves. I grab my book and begin to read again. Bucky continues to awkwardly sit beside me, to which I can't help but giggle. I sit down in his lap, squirming to get comfy. I continue reading as he looks out on the city. After a while, I subconsciously play with his hair .

     "You know, if you keep doing that, I may never leave."

      "Doing what- oh I didn't even realize." He laughs, and I can't get enough of it. I can't get enough of him. Every little thing he does makes feel like I'm living in a cheesy rom-com from the early 2000s. But, honestly, it's everything I've ever wanted. I set my book down and take in his appearance. He looks comfortable, vulnerable. After awhile, I set my book down, rubbing his eyes.He insists on going to his room, where I pass out.

    The warmth between us makes me as happy as can be. I couldn't ask for anything better than this.

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a good week! If not, remember that negativity is a choice. So this week, choose to be happy and positive. Also, go check out my friend's new Wattpad. If you're interested in RuPaul's Drag Race or just drag in general then go check it out. It's a gottmik x reader and is written by an amazing writer. Anyways, have a good week! It's called Falling (just look for the only person I'm following with a gottmik profile lol)