Chapter 32

For the first time since I've been here, all the Avengers are sitting peacefully, besides Bucky and Sam's usual bickering, eating dinner together. For reasons, it was a very emotional dinner as I thought that there a many of the people sitting at the table may have died that day. But, otherwise, it was very enjoyable.

I small talk here and there, switching back and forth between and Wanda and Bucky for the most part. As I'm talking to Bucky about his mission, I feel a light tap on my shoulder,"Sorry, love. I was just wondering, do you plan on telling him?"

I have quick flashbacks to the events that occured in the bathroom earlier today. The pleasure, the anger, all rushing back to my head. I look around the table, everyone enjoying the company and the food. I take a stand, causing everyone's eyes to fall onto me.

"I um..."I look down at Wanda, who gives me a reassuring look,"I have something to say, something that happened today. Now, I know this doesn't even come close to anything that happened on the mission, but I thought it'd be good to get off my chest." I take a deep breath, looking at the confused looks at my friends, my family,"I... I killed him. I killed Jeremy. Actually, I think."

Everyone's jaws is touching the table. Bucky stands and engulfs me in a tight hug,"I'm proud of you. He deserved that." Tears blur my vision as everyone else in the room share quiet murmurs.

"Let's get you out of here." He leads me out of the room and into the elevator. He presses the button for our floor, then quickly wraps his arms around me again. He runs his fingers through my H/C hair, the sound of his heartbeat calming me as I rest my head against his chest. 

The elevator dings, the doors sliding open. We walk down the never ending hallway as the memories of this morning float through my mind, pleasure still in its place. Sadly, the satisfaction also brings in the flashbacks.

The beating.

The feel of him never leaving my body.

The bruising

Him.

Next thing I know, I'm sitting on my bed, Bucky at my side,"Are you ok, Doll?"

"I... I'm honestly not sure." I furrow my brows, eyes focused on the floor,"I'm ecstatic that he's finally out of my life but... now that I'm thinking about it, I wish I would've made him suffer more than he made me." I look up at Bucky, a look of sorrow plastered on his face. He pulls me into his chest, his breathing heavy yet even.

He kisses the top of my head then rests his chin there,"I'm just sorry I wasn't here for you. I should've never-"

"Don't. You couldn't have know that he'd come for me."

"But, I could've." I push back from him, our eyes meeting,"He's been coming for you and I knew that. I knew there was always a possibility-"

"All that matters is that he's gone, in the past." I grab the sides of Bucky's face, giving him a small smile,"So, let's focus on the now, on us, yeah?"

He smiles,"I like the sound of that." He kisses me gently on my lips, then we hear a knock on the door. I yell for whoever to come in. The door opens, revealing Dad. 

"Hey, kid. Can I talk to you? Alone?" I nod, and turn to Bucky. He kisses me on the temple, and heads out,"I just... or you ok? I can't even begin to imagine how that was."

I shrug, still unsure of how I feel about the situation,"It's... weird, I guess. Him being gone. Those four weeks fucked me up quite a bit..."

"Yeah, I bet." Dad sits down next to me, his arm sliding up and down my back,"I didn't stop searching for you. Literally. All I did was look for you and nothing in between. I wished I could've done it sooner, Y/N. I really do." 

"All that matters is that I survived." We make a bit more small talk before he gets up and leaves. Not knowing what to do, I head to my favorite spot to collect my thoughts

The cool New York wind rushes past me, my baby hairs blurring my vision. I hear the balcony doors open, the light and careful footsteps revealing the identity of who's behind me,"Hey, Soldier."

"I knew I'd find you up here." He pulls a chair beside me, the chair squeaking as he sits down,"Is it ok if I'm out here with you? I can go back inside if you want."

"No. Actually, I'd like it better if you're out here." I turn my head, his shaggy hair moving with the breeze. His gaze never fails to steal my breath, his smile making the affect more powerful,"I love you," I blurt out, my cheeks growing hot. His eyes widen and his jaw drops slightly. My stomach drops at his reaction. I get up and quickly head towards the door,"I'm sorr-" He grabs my wrist, spinning me around. His lips find my own, crashing into them. 

He pulls back,"I love you, too. You can't even begin to comprehend how much. I love you more than anything and I'll make sure, as long as you let me, that you never ever forget it." I can't resist a big goofy grin, happiness overwhelming me. I grab his collar and pull him back in, my lips craving his own.

In this moment, all I can think is that no matter our past, no matter our future, he is mine and I am his. I love him, he loves me. And, as our broken worlds are forged together, we become one perfect whole. Me and him, him and I. Always and forever.

The end.

Hey y'all sorry for posting this so late, but it was hard. I really enjoyed writing this. As I said, I will be writing an epilogue, so stay tuned. I may also do a sequel, but that would be after I experiment with my own story ideas. Anyways, thank you so much for reading. Like, so so much. This being my first wattpad and all, every little view I got meant and still means a lot to me. I appreciate every single one of y'all. Have a great evening! -Evie