Chapter 18

I swallow a spoonful of cereal, searching my mind for ideas of what to do. Of course, lust was screaming at me in the back of my mind, but I ignore it. I shrug my shoulders and place my bowl in the sink,"Well, I'm gonna go take a shower. I'll be back." I kiss Bucky on the cheek and head towards my room.

    I slip off my pajamas, which was just one of Bucky's t-shirts and underwear, and step into the shower. The water is boiling hot, making me hiss. I turn it down and step back into the water. The liquid runs over me, trickling from the top of my head and down my back. I grab my lavender shampoo and lather it over my hair. I message it in, bubbles forming and spreading onto my hands. I wash it out and realize I forget how much I enjoy the smell of it. I take a deep inhale, the scent removing any tension from my body. After about five minutes or so, I hear the door open,"You know, babe, we've really gotta stop doing this."

    "Sorry, Y/N, but I'm not your soldier." I deep, familiar voice fills the bathroom. I grab my shampoo bottle and throw it at the shadow outside the shower curtain. I hear a grunt, and run out of the shower. I grab my towel on the way and head towards Bucky's room.

     I open the door and see Bucky standing there,"We've gotta go there's a HYDRA agent here and- babe are you ok?" He continues to stand there, his eyes on the floor. I walk closer, trying to figure out what's wrong,"Buck-" He grabs my throat and holds me against the wall.

    "Bucky gasp it's me gasp Y/N." He doesn't budge. My lungs beg me for air, but Bucky's arm doesn't move. I think back to my training and knock his hand loose. I fall to the floor and take a quick inhale before grabbing a shirt of his and running for the door. 

     Before I make it, Bucky grabs my arm and throws me back against the wall, a yelp escaping my throat. I slip his shirt on and dodge a punch of his. I kick his stomach, causing him to stumble back a few inches. I run out of the room and get to Wanda's room,"Wanda." She turns at her name, a worried look surfaces and she pulls me in.

    "What's wrong? Why are you breathing so heavily?" Her thick sokovian accent calms me a bit, but not enough.

    "Give me a pair of underwear and pants and I'll explain later. All you need to know now is we gotta go." Wanda throws me her clothes, I put them on, and we head out of her room. Since the rest of the team had left for a mission after breakfast, I run straight downstairs.

    Unfortunately, we didn't make it downstairs before running into Bucky and another familiar face, Jeremy. He's supposed to be dead, but now is no time for questions.

    I took Bucky while Wanda took Jeremy. My hands erupted in purple and were able to hold Bucky in place,"Bucky, it's me." He struggled and tried to escape my grasp but wasn't a match for me. I thought about a way to get to him out and slipped into his thoughts.

    They were loud.

    Painful.

    I almost gave up until I heard him and not the Winter Soldier. I reset his thoughts and they were back to normal. I got out of his head and found my soldier, completely dazed,"Y/N? Oh, shit." He said, realizing what happened. Wanda had gotten Jeremy on the ground and unconscious. I grabbed Bucky's metal hand and headed towards the stairs,"Doll," He said, but I was too focused on getting us out of here to listen,"Doll, wait." I stopped, looking back at Bucky.

    "Maybe I should just stay here. He turned me so easily I... I could've hurt you."

    "Oh for god's sake babe, you didn't. I'm perfectly fine see? Not a scratch let's just get out of here and talk about this later when we're safe." He nodded and we continued towards the garage. 

    We reach the garage and I hop in the front seat of one of Dad's cars. Bucky sits beside me and Wanda is in the back,"F.R.I.D.A.Y?"

    "Yes, Ms. Stark?"

    "Open the garage."

    "Yes, Ms. Stark." The garage opens and I speed out, just in case there's more HYDRA agents outside. To my surprise, there's only New York city streets ahead. Then, I notice a biker gang with the HYDRA symbol on the front of their motorcycles. I speed off just before they can see us.

    "So, where to?" Bucky yells against the wind.

    "Home." I yell back.