Chapter 29

Next thing I knew, I was sitting at a bar in one of the nicest clubs in New York. I had changed in to a little black dress and some red stilettos. Martini in hand, a was leaned against the counter next to a very handsome James Barnes, who was ordering a beer. It wasn't until a man trudged over did he turn back towards me,"Well, hhello, sweetheart."

I almost gagged at the smell of his breath and turned back towards to counter,"Oh, c'mon, don't be like that." He grabbed my arm, turning me to face his disheveled state. Before I could comprehend anything, I was kicking him in the stomach and pushing him off me,"Go home, jackass. I'm way out of your league anyways."

The man started back towards me, anger plastered on his face,"You little bi-"

"Don't,"Bucky stood in front of me, fist gripping the collar of the man's shirt,"Finish that sentence. Leave her alone or you'll be nothing more than a splatter on the floor." The man scurried off and out to the crowded streets of New York. Bucky walked back over to the bar, retrieving his beer,"Coward."

"Yeah." I walk next to Bucky, looking up to him,"So are we just going to drink all night or are we gonna dance?"

"Well if you put it like that," He sets down his beer, his hands finding the curves of my hips,"We'll be dancing all night." He pushes me into the crowd, the pressure on my hips causing me to wish we weren't in public. He twirls me around, my eyes meeting his. As we moved the rhythm, my fingers became intertwined with his hair, his grip on me becoming tighter. A smile spreads across his face, my heart fluttering. I look up at him and tauntingly look at his lips, licking my own.

He pulls me close, but I stop him and say,"You're not getting it that easy, Soldier." I walk away, craving another drink to fuel the buzz that's running through my system. But, before I can get more than two steps toward the bar, I'm turned back around and Bucky's lips smash into mine. I smile into the kiss, waves of pleasure rolling over me. His tongue explores mine, the taste of alcohol and breath mints filling my senses. I pull back, my chest heaving, and I instantly crave more.

"You know, Doll. You look damn good with this dress on," He says, but before I can say a snarky answer, he says,"You'd look way better without it." My throat closes as I try to speak.

"I um... you...." What the fuck did he do to me. I never stutter.

"Looks like I've broken the infamous Y/N Stark," He lets out a deep laugh,"I bet I can break you even more."

"I'd like to see you try, Soldier." God I shouldn't have said that. We made it back to the tower, wishing this elevator would go faster, and Bucky's fingers slid onto my bare shoulder. They made their way to strap of my dress, obviously eager to take it off. The elevator dinged open and his hand found the small of my back as the very crowded living room was revealed.

"Well, there's the happy couple." Nat says as everyone turns their attention towards us,"Where were y'all?"

"I um... just wanted to get out for a while so we went to that club down the road." I say, a lump forming in my throat.

"Did you two enjoy yourselves?" Wanda chimed in, winning her a death stare.

"We did, actually. We were just going to go change and watch a movie or something." Nice save, James.

"Alright, do you guys want to play poker with us afterwards?" Wanda asked, a sly smile forming on her face as she became aware of the situation.

"No, thank you." I say through gritted teeth. I grab Bucky's hand and lead him down our hallway and into his room. He closed the door behind him and leaned against it, eyes focused on me,"What?"

He half smiles,"Just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with you."

I'm evil, I know. Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. Sorry haven't been posting much, caught up with finals stuff :( I'll go back to a regular schedule after tomorrow. Have a good night!