Chapter 28

I forgot how beautiful mornings could be. I never really paid attention them since I was dealing with lack of sleep, which I am but that's besides the point. But, sitting there just enjoying the presence of Bucky and the bright colors painted on the sky, I didn't want to leave. As seven thirty rolled around, my eyes got heavier. Of course, I still couldn't fall asleep, but I was so relaxed that I simply sat with my eyes closed.

"Are you still awake, Doll?" The corners of my mouth slightly tilt upwards, warmth spreading throughout my chest.

"Barely. Sleeping sounds so good right now."

"I bet." Bucky lets out a small chuckle, his chest vibrating,"Do you want to go lay in bed?"

I hesitate,"Only if you come with me." Before he answers, Bucky cradles me in his arms, picking me off his lap.

He heads toward the back door and answers,"I'm not going anywhere, Darling." As he walks me to one of our rooms, I can't tell which, I take in his presence and just him. If only he knew how I couldn't get enough of him. 

He kicks open what looks like my door and lays me on my bed, the morning sunlight peeking through my curtains and onto my comforter. I crawl under the covers and Bucky slides in next to me. I bury myself in his chest, stealing all of his body heat. He's literally like my own human heater. I couldn't love it more.

It seemed as if I blinked and when I opened my eyes, it was four in the afternoon. I tried to move, but Bucky subconsciously gripped me tighter. He was sound asleep, quiet snores escaping from him. I couldn't help but wonder what's going on in his head while it's on autopilot. What if it's HYDRA? What if it's his life back in the 40s? What if it's me?

No. I'm not going to hype myself up.

"Bucky." I whisper in his ear,"Bucky, babe, come one it's four in the afternoon."

He rolls over, his eyes still closed as he pulls me back into his chest,"Five more minutes."

"Come on, lazy ass, we can't sleep forever."

"Yes we can."

I roll my eyes, smiling as I snuggle as close as I can to him,"Fine, I'll give you five more minutes."

I gave him more than five minutes. 

In fact, when we finally got out of bed, Wanda was making dinner,"There you two are. Where have y'all been all day."

"Sleeping in my room." I said, sitting on a barstool. Bucky stood behind me and rubbed his hands on my arms and rested his chin on my head.

"Well, I'm glad you got some sleep. You looked like you could use some."

"Yeah, no kidding." 

"But, seriously, you need to get more sleep, Y/N." Wanda stared at me, worrily.

"I know it's just... easier said than done."

Here come the flash backs. Darkness, blood, pain, touching, beating, Jeremy,"You can't escape me, Y/N." I turned my head to left, revealing him. My heart started pounding and my breath was patchy. Not again, not again.

"Go away." I said, fear straining my voice,"GO AWAY!"

I opened my eyes to reveal two very worried Avengers looking down at me. I shakily look to the left, but Jeremy was gone,"Where did he... where did he go?" I asked, my vision now blurry with tears.

"Where did who go, Doll?" 

"Je.. Jeremy he was... he was right there! I saw him...."

"Bucky, maybe you should bring her to her ro-"

"NO!" I screamed, my hands starting to shake,"He could be in there."

"Y/N look at me." Bucky's hands rest on either side of my face as hot tears start to trail down my cheeks,"Jeremy is not here. If he was, I would kill him before he could get anywhere near you, ok? As long as I'm here, I swear on my life you won't get hurt."

"But-"

"No." Bucky pulls me into a tight hug and trails his fingers up and down my back,"No buts. I'm not letting him or anyone hurt you like that again. It's not an option." I take a shaky inhale, my eyes still scanning the room for any sign of Jeremy.

"Ok," I say," I believe you." I stand up, my hands still shaking vigorously," Can we just... get out of here for a little while. I seriously don't want to be here." Bucky looks over to Wanda, who nods.

"Alright. Where do you want to go?"