nineteen - him

and then she smiled at me,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|And then his grey eyes met with a pair equally as grey and as lifeless as his.

"Yuki. You're wanted at the main house."

As the said boy stepped into the house he'd come to reside in, nothing but an escape from the source of all his childhood fears and trauma and fears and trauma and fears and-

T

R

A

U

M

A.

He stood there, dumbfounded as he heard those words uttered by Shigure. Suddenly, he felt all the remaining energy that he possessed dissipating into thin air.

"...Wh-"

"Why? Did he do anything wrong?" Another voice cut in, tangerine hair peeking out from the doorway near the staircase.

Yuki's entire body was trembling. His eyes were widened, reduced to the size of close to nothing. His legs were barely holding himself upright.

Kyo noticed this, eyes close to a shade of russet sharper than usual as he glared at Shigure.

"You haven't answered my question."

Shigure sighed heavily, stretching his arms. "Geez, stop pestering me so much, would you? I'm an old man, you know."

Kyo rolled his eyes. "Sure you are."

"...I'll be in my room." Yuki finally managed, the words rolling off his tongue feeling metallic.

When he'd left, he thought that he would manage to get over it soon enough.

And when he'd met her, he felt like that had given him a break. Helped him forget whatever had happened. His medicine for the pain.

But now it's all...

Coming.

Back.

Like a wake-up call. A splash of cold-water after a long, sweet dream of nothings.

Opening the door to his room, his bag strap slid off his fingers, landing on the wooden floor with a thud. He knelt on the ground, hands covering ears.

Looks like it's happening again.

"Maybe... Maybe the reason I had felt so comfortable around her was because.."

He sighed, squeezing his eyes shut as his clenched palm made contact with the bedframe he was kneeling in front of.

"Because she could distract me from all of this."

"I'm.. a terrible person."

Terrible.

Simply te r ri b l e.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

like a sun dying to shine.

words: 346
published: 4/5/2021