two - you

Why do we care for others?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

| It's being smashed into pieces. Smithereens.

You are reminded of the fact that you were still staring off into space, eyes adaze, the moment your alarm clock rang.

The shrill sound of it caused you to flinch, the sound that you've come to be familiar with scraping your ears, showing no mercy to be gentle in any way.

You glance at the shiny clock face, which was bouncing off more light than you could ever emit. The basic design of the clock, your only companion in the small room, read seven am.

Seven... That's not too late.. You thought to yourself as you kept the blanket quilt and folded the mat.

..Right? For some reason, it felt like you were forgetting something - as always. But what was it that you forgot? As you kept on thinking, and thinking, you subconsciously got ahold of the lone item that decorated your table, the only furniture in the room. Tired eyes gazing at the rising sun and the city view that went along with it, you brushed your unruly, long y/hc locks, the hairbrush going through every knot and strand, massaging your nerves simultaneously. It felt nice, for once.

Just then, the hairbrush you were holding in your palm clattered to the floor. You stood frozen, like you'd just been walked in on while taking a relaxing shower.

The flower that you had been taking care of.

Since the week had started, you had always remembered to arrive at school slightly earlier just so you could water the y/fc flower that you had taken a liking to. You had first discovered it when it was trampled on by a group of students who were walking in front of you, speaking with such volume and confidence that you had deemed impossible to muster.

You had to water it. Just the thought of neglecting the watering duties you had taken yourself upon made your feeble heart twist.

And so, with newfound motivation, you hurriedly splashed some cold water on your face, pulled on your school uniform and slung a pastel blue ribbon around your collar. Without looking at your bag's contents twice, you zipped it up and slung it over your shoulder, running out of the small establishment you called home.

While running as fast as those legs which have never done anything as intensive before, you managed to tie the pastel blue ribbon three loops around your silky pulled back hair, resulting in a messy ponytail of sorts.

You were so engrossed in the sensation of tying a ponytail, you failed to realise what was in front of you as you continued to sprint.

Before you knew it, you had bumped into something- No, someone. You felt your bag leap off your shoulder, the sling dancing in the wind as the bag plopped onto the road . Fortunately, your hair was still in place. You sighed internally as you looked up to see who you had bumped into.

"L/n-san...?"

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

..especially when they don't care for us?

words: 491
published: 23/09/2020