thirty-seven - you

though i've already said goodbye,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|'Goodbye.'

The following week, you had spent the entire time moping about your room. Very rarely, did you attempt to step out. (that only happened when your mother cooked your favourite dinner)

Oh, wondering what you did the entire time in your room?

What else? You thought silently, of course.

You didn't even have any energy in you to cry. Nor did you have the emotional capacity needed to express such feelings any longer. It wasn't as if you did not want to cry. You did, but you just couldn't.

Lapses of that very day kept repeating over and over, in your mind's eye. The very day that you found 'closure', said your goodbyes, then...

Then how you just had to ruin it - was confessing like that really that important?

He probably had more important things to attend to, things important enough for him to be leaving so seriously like that. He even bothered to tell you, and what did you do? Went and unloaded all your emotions on him, when you could have kept them bottled up and move on after. You could have made leaving a little easier, but no.

You had to go and ruin it.

"I'm such an idiot," You muttered to yourself softly. "How could I?"

Despite all the guilt you felt, a part of you was more focused on the fact that he had kissed you back. Not subtly, too. It was a long, deep kiss. And he started that one.

If he kissed you back that day, didn't that mean...?

You slapped yourself awake. 'No more time for daydreams.'

After all, you had to start moving on, right? If not, who else was going to do it for you?

--

It was a miracle that you were able to get away from school for so long. Was that even allowed? The teachers here must either care very little about students, or care too much about not wanting to pressure their own students into coming back. Surely, if one was gone too long, something major must have happened to them?

You sighed. You did not know if this was counted as something 'major'. Yes, it did affect you greatly, but that was the toll of human emotions at play, right? The ability to get so caught up in one thing all else fails to grasp your attention. (a rather terrifying thing, no?)

You entered the back garden, breathing in the familiar, crisp air of the early morning. Strange enough, you had woken up rather early today for school.

Maybe it was the presence of that flower you had found very attached to right here.

Or, maybe it was the memories you had made with him here.

Either way, you find yourself not wanting to leave.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

why do i still find myself not wanting this to end?

words: 460
published: 16/10/2021

.
.
.
a/n:

hello, everyone. it's been a very long time. i know. i'm sorry.

i had lost someone very dear to me 2 months ago, and it took a while to recover and come back to writing on top of school and everything else.

well! i'm back now and i won't be disappearing again so soon, bringing to you the last few chapters of this series over the next few weeks! updates would be more frequent, around 2-3 times a week if i'm feeling up to it.

please enjoy the last few stretches of this story with me - thank you for being here after all this time!

~~~