twenty-two - him

and i'll call you,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|Forever. A promise.

Somehow, all his thoughts of her had blurred together and together and together, mixing and blending and creating.

Creating a depiction of her in his mind. There wasn't anything much to it, really. Just a feeling. A feeling, attached by a mere string, between her and him. 'Her'.

And so, he found himself at the gate of the main Sohma family home. Still immersed in his thoughts of her.

"..."

He took one step, then another. Step after step, he managed to get past the gates. Nobody stopped him. Who would've? His remarkably silver hair was so remarkable no one had to give him a second look to know who it was.

The Rat.

The Rat had come to pay their visit. Yuki was ready to face all the whispers and gossips and surprised yelps, however no one was there. But of course, nobody would bother lingering around the courtyards in the middle of the night, would they?

She would have.

"Shut up..." He muttered, though a small grin formed on his face.

-

For some reason, the further he walked into the complex of rooms and tables and more rooms, he could hear boss music playing. It had to be somewhere, he swore.

"Do you not miss me?"

The all-too familiar voice, the voice which once promised him company, friendship - something more than that, maybe - honeyed but intimidating. As if promising him that something deep down in that voice, despite it sounding oh-so-very sweet, was something sharp.

Something that could hurt.

"..Akito." He ignored her question, instead going on to address her like they were nothing more than acquaintances, perhaps having dabbled together in business some years ago.

"Yuki! Do you know how depressed, how saddened I was when I found out you had left the house? HMM?" Her voice took a sharp climb, octaves higher.

He did not reply.

"Not answering me now, huh? How cocky did you grow since the last time I saw you? Do you think you're some new, refreshed, brave soul? That you have the decision of whether to leave me alone anymore?"

"We are supposed to be a family. More than family, in fact. Tied together, by the red string, by this curse that we all share, we are supposed to be able to understand each other better than anyone else outside the Sohmas! AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE."

She fished out a yellowed polaroid of a girl who was trying very hard to tie her hair improperly, pulling out stray strands with a unique light in her eyes. Alive, though it was depicted by a two-dimensional photograph.

His eyes widened, contracting.

It's her.

Y/n.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

when the party's over.

words: 444 (lol)
published: 15/05/2021