in an alternate universe pt.1

a special extra - please enjoy.

i've really

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

[ many, many years later. ]

It was not often that you found yourself wandering the streets aimlessly - especially not at night.

Sure, you loved the feeling of the night, the silence, the moonlight, but ever since a certain incident that had happened during this time, you'd rather not spend much time dwelling in the night too leisurely.

Sure, it happened many, many years ago - probably too many for you to recall properly. Yet, it felt as if it was just yesterday when you had shared your first kiss with someone.

Sure, you probably loved him then, this certain someone who you remembered had silver-grey hair, along with a pair of moonlit, argent-like eyes that were almost magical.

But you had long forgotten his name.

Your sub-consciousness probably found it best for you to forget the one thing that could relieve the youthful feelings you once had. What was the word for it? Love?

Love. The word felt akin to a distant memory. One which could be recovered with enough digging, but you had long stopped bothering about such things.

Now, it was just you, and your mother. All over again. She had gotten much too old to handle working a job, hence you took over. You have been working two jobs, technically - one as a writer for children's books, another as an amusement park attendant. Both jobs were so-so, at least both were dreams of yours to do at some point in your life.

Momentarily, your thoughts once again landed upon this boy who had indeed taken your heart once.

'I wonder how he's doing?'

Then your thoughts decided to focus on someone else, this time landing on the very someone who you once lived with, the one whose genes you had half of.

'Him, too. I wonder what he's up to now. Is he even alive?'

And then, a girl with grey hair similar to a certain someone - eyes rather grey as well. She had once provided you with temporary warmth, though her departure was rather sudden. Along with many others' in your life before her.

'Same goes for her. I hope she's in a better place, now.'

So many questions, yet you did not have any real intention of seeking the answers to them.

They were all once people you met on a day-to-day basis, people who happened to teach you a thing or two, before leaving your line of sight.

Strangely enough, even though you were certain you no longer had a desire to know how he was doing, something still tugged at your mind - what was it that made him leave that day?

You could forget his name, yes. But you could never cease to remember the fact that you didn't even know whatever the reason it was for him to leave you alone just like that.

And that feeling sucked. It really did. More often than never, you could afford to distract yourself from that emotional toil, throwing yourself into work, or spending time with your mother.

Nevertheless, when you were really immersed in your thoughts about this, the curiosity of it all never stopped nagging at you.

What did he really leave you for?

I mean, wouldn't you want to find out the one thing that wrestled with you for his attention?

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

got to let you go.

words: 572
published: 20/01/2024

a/n: happy new year to you!