forty-three - him

i hope to someday 

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|Love had always been strange, hadn't it?

"Oh? It was about time you came." A low voice started.

"Your seven days are up." The glint in those unblinking eyes that threatened was unmistakable. "Please enjoy the rest of your stay here."

And then, a piercing silence filled the room - it felt as if there were tens of thousands of metres between him and her. Would he be able to get his points across this time?

And if he didn't, was there any other second chances left for him?

Probably not. This was the last, he could feel it. There was no more time to waste. If he had something to say, he had to say it now or never.

"I've given some thought to whatever you've said before." He tried his very best to look her in the eye - even if it was just a little and not full-on staring - but he could still feel fear left from unresolved events of the past betraying his intentions.

And when he did manage to give her a good stare... He never knew her eyes could carry such an amount of loath in them.

"It doesn't matter... it doesn't matter if she never returned my feelings. No, to hell with that - it wouldn't even matter if she didn't know about the curse. Her presence taught me things that this place -" He gestured to the area around him, flailing his arms, "would never have taught me."

Before Akito could cut in, he quickly carried on, not wanting to give her a single silver of an opportunity to tear him down again.

"Only because I met her did I then learn that.. love could actually be something beautiful, something worth fighting for." As he said those words aloud, the thought that he never would have fathomed saying this with a straight face to not just anyone but the family head no less, surfaced in his mind.

"And whatever you've given me before was never love. It was never out of love. To love is to be willing to sacrifice things for the other, not the other way round. You always said you loved me, that you treasured me, but weren't you only saying that to convince yourself that you were important? That you loved me, all so you could believe you mattered to someone in this world and hence you were needed?"

"...Aren't you... just scared of being alone?"

Those very words were enough to tear through the listener's last emotional defences.

The listener who had subconsciously found herself clinging on to every single word that had come out of his mouth.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

become a man who can let himself experience feelings

words: 437
published: 11/12/2021