five - you

Beauty can be something perfect.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

| "L/n-san...?"

You let out a shaky gasp as you registered the sound that had just rung in your ears. The voice that had just uttered your name - it sounded so melodic, like several, pleasant little wind chimes dancing together in the wind to make the most beautiful, gentle sound.

Strange. I've never heard this voice before.

You glanced up, curious. As you met those grey eyes that seemed ethereal, you hitched a breath.

Who knew eyes could take on such a beautiful gaze?

You were not one to exaggerate - what you really thought was true. How his eyes gazed at the simplest of things, it looked magical. But, there was something wrong.

Something terribly, terribly wrong.

His eyes.. they held a fire. No, they held a fire that was put out long ago. It was once there, and you knew that - you could see the tiniest traces of what would have been ash if the fire was literal.

You could have stared into those wondrous eyes all day, but of course things like this never last as long as the bad ones do.

"Daijoubu desu ka, L/n-san..?" That voice again. You cleared your throat hurriedly, eyes flitting away, worried that he might have caught you staring for long. (a/n: 'daijoubu desu ka' means 'are you alright?' in japanese~)

"I-I'm alright.." You looked down at your feet as you registered how different your voice sounded from his melodious one.

Little did you know that he noticed this but decided not to comment on it. He was about to extend an arm to offer you his help in getting up, but-

"How do you know my name?" You countered, getting up from where you had landed on the rather smooth road, fortunately for you.

He cocked his head to the side ever so slightly, as if taking ages to register that one, simple question. Then, a small, amused smile slowly formed on his lips, a small fire lighting up those grey eyes that seemed empty just moments ago.

"What?" You asked rudely, your tone taking on a sharp impression, the singular word being uttered as if it could be wielded as a verbal sword. Somehow, the look on his face made you feel insecure.

He turned away, a hand reaching up to cover his mouth with the back of a wrist. "N-nothing. It's just queer."

Queer?

He paused, then continued, "How you react. You're different from the others."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

..something perfectly broken

words: 409
published: 29/09/2020