fourteen - you

???.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Change what?"

You whipped around, your defenses going up as you realised you were no longer alone in the small backyard of the school.

When your eyes caught sight of the familiar sheen of grey-silver, a mixture of emotions stirred inside of you.

Confusion. Relief. Anger. Sadness.

"Y-yuki?" Your tone really echoed the confusion you felt. The last thing you expected was for him to go after you, given what you had expressed to him earlier - even going as far as to run away from him. Kind of.

He offered you half a grin, those ethereal eyes reflecting the silent worry for you. Was it even for you? You didn't know. That is what's so intriguing about him. You could read other people easily. See through their every move, every sentence.

But him..

Him, who at first glance looked like a popular boy who's too proud for his own good - never socialising much because that's just what some popular people resort to. Being lonely in their own huge castle.

Him, who upon a closer look, is reserved because... He fears.

He fears that people will turn their back on him.

And you have the feeling he had experienced that before. Something, a past experience, maybe? Something that made him this way.

Maybe he was like this from the beginning.

Maybe..

You sighed, closing your eyes as you hurriedly rubbed the bridge of your nose. Did he come here for you? Probably, right? Why else would he have called your name..

You took a seat on the ground, in front of the small y/fc flower. Without turning to look at him, your eyes still stubbornly glued to the flower, you asked him a question.

"What are you scared of?"

"..What I'm scared of?" He cocked his head to the side in slight bewilderment.

"Yeah."

"Hmm.." He walked closer to where you sat.

"..Myself?" Though you were pretty sure he meant to punctuate the sentence with a full-stop, it came out as more of a question.

You let out a small laugh. "Now that I think about it.."

"Aren't we all a little scared of ourselves?"

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

f̴̘̌̽̅͌̂̚͝e̴̪̺͖̮̮͆a̴͈͒̂̿̾͘̕͠r̴͉̤̈͌̉́̇̉

words: 373
published: 24/11/2020