forty - him

memories of the past

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Goodbye."

Quite amazing, isn't it?

The way human emotions are built - they consist of so many ironies. They make us feel real, yet they make us tell lies to ourselves or others. They can make us strong, yet they have the ability to make us weak. Without emotion, you'd be able to do everything with no hesitation. But you would not be able to understand how certain things are the way they are.

What Yuki Sohma was feeling as of now... was the painful irony of the idea of emotion. This growing feeling stirring inside of him was one of strength, he knew that much. It helped him change the way he thought, a little by little, all while keeping his original intentions. Yet, they were the reason he wasn't going to be able to act on them. Not now, at least.

Not when he had scores to settle.

The sun was rising once more, bringing a new day after a night of bitter farewells and forlorn feelings. Yuki found a strange sense of deja vu as he got up from his futon on the floor. Stretching his fingers, he gave them a quick glance before looking up at the clock.

"Hmm..." He muttered, eyes already fluttering as he found his mind elsewhere.

After closing his eyes for a full second, he opened them, feeling refreshed and anew. A good thing, given that he had much to do today.

After all he had been through this few times - everything that he had experienced, felt, said... It all boiled down to this. He knew it, from the moment that mask of his had started to crack. When she had made the tiniest crack upon it.

When his whole world - whatever he had known all his life came crashing down on him.

The boy broke into a longing smile, remembering all of it, the memories flitting past his mind's eye. He missed those times, but to go back he had things to find closure with.

'I hope I don't miss too much school work while I'm here.' He thought, as he prepared to leave the room he had been given in the Sohma Estate.

Today was going to be a day of interest.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

can be a guide for the future, if used proper.

words: 403
published: 9/11/2021