thirty-two - him

maybe i'm insane,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"I'm going."

It hurt.

He knew it would. What else could he expect to happen?

Still, it hurt. It hurt bad - 'It's as if I'm saying my last goodbye.'

"Why?" You had asked. Your eyes were focused on anywhere else but his own, despaired and lost.

He mustered the remaining courage he had, gathering the only calm that was left in his soul. If he was going to say his last goodbye, he should at least do it well. Clear. Give you closure.

'Wait. But that doesn't feel like something I want to do.'

His silver, moonlit orbs for eyes flitted to the crouching figure in front of him. With another breath, he whispered.

"Y/n."

Although you did not speak, he could hear your lone word crystal clear. It was a question, a final attempt to hear him out.

Careful not to embrace you, he held out a hand as he offered you a bittersweet smile. "We may not meet again."

"But, I will try my best to find you, if I ever have the chance to."

'Even if I leave, I still want to see you.'

Now with fingers intertwined, You had finally opened your mouth, ready to speak. "Why do you have to leave me, too?"

Strange enough, he felt the calmest he'd ever been, although he should be feeling anything other than calm right then. You had started to break down, tears splattering onto the pavement. Yet, he felt tranquil. Not because he felt that this outcome was desired, but rather he knew what he was doing. He knew what he should do.

"No. I'm not leaving you." Before he himself could register what he was doing, his finger stretched out, tapping your forehead.

"I'll be right here." 'I hope.'

"What about you? Will you remember me?" Your voice had never sounded so scared since the moment the both of you had truly met.

'Of course I will.' He sighed, looking away as he prepared himself to confess.

"You know, I never-not knew you."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

but you're the same.

words: 363
published: 23/06/2021