Chapter 6: Dinner with the Diaz's

Y/N POV:

I quickly put perfume on and some lip gloss. I looked at myself in the mirror in my room. "Perfect" I say to myself. "Y/n! Are you ready!?" My grandma yells from the kitchen. "Yeah!" I say putting my shoes on. I grab my phone walking out of my room. "Let's go" my Grandma says opening the front door.

We walk out, going next door knocking.

Miguel opens the door, his eyes quickly lands on me. "Oh hey y/n! What are you doing here?" He says with a bright smile.

"your grandma and mom invited us over for dinner" I say. "oh, hey Mrs. Y/L/N!" He says to my Grandma putting his hand out for her to shake. She shakes it. "Nice to meet you Miguel"

"Come in!" He says. We both come in. "Hola, come sit!" Rosa says at the dinner table they have. There apartment was nicely decorated. My Grandma and Rosa started to talk while Carmen was talking with them as well, setting the plates.

"I'll be right back!" Miguel says to me, I nod.

MIGUELS POV:

I didn't know she was coming! I ran quickly to my room shutting it. I change my sweatshirt into a orange long sleeve shirt with some new pare of jeans.  I put cologne on me fixing up my hair. "Lookin good Diaz" I say to myself in my mirror.

I leave my room to see my mom,grandma, Mrs.Y/l/N and y/n. I sit next to Y/N.

Y/N POV:

"Come sit miggy, your food will get cold" Miguels mom says. He sits next to me. "Thanks for coming" Miguel whispers to me as the others have a conversation. I smile. "I'm glad I came!" I whisper back. He smiles brightly taking a bite of his food.

Mind this, the food is amazing.

"So Mrs.Y/L/N where are you from?" Rosa asks. "We are from West Virginia! I wanted y/n to have a better life you know. She had a tough one so far. Her mom died when she was just 5 years old, so she doesn't remember a lot. So her dad raised her, I would visit once in awhile. But her dad which is my son...he just took off and left her with me when she was 10. So ever since then, I've been raising her and it's been an amazing journey!" My grandma says.

I hate talking about my parents, it was a sentimental topic for me. Miguel looks at me, "I'm so sorry" he says. I shake my head. "It's alright" I say trying to hold back my tears.

"I'm sorry y/n, I hope the best for you!" Carmen says placing her hand on my hand. I smile. "Thank you Mrs.Diaz" I say. "Carmen is just fine!" She says giving me a warm smile.

"You're not the only one without a dad" Rosa says. Everyone looks at her. "Momma!" "Yia-yia!"

"Es sorry! But Miguels dad was a bad person so we left, now it's us 3" Rosa says. I see Miguel look down. "I didn't really know him anyway" he says. "It's okay, I don't remember that much from my dad..but I miss him" I say. He smiles.

We continue our dinner peacefully.

HALF A HOUR LATER:

Carmen,Rosa, and my Grandma where getting along great, they where in the kitchen talking and laughing while I was with Miguel in his room. "So what's your kind of music you listen to?" I ask Miguel. He takes his shoes off sitting next to me on his bed.

"Guns and Roses, Sensei teached me" Miguel says sitting back. I laugh a little. "He's a really good Sensei, I like how he teaches" I say. "That's good because if you leave he'll most likely try every way possible to get you back...he says he loves you so far!" Miguel says patting my shoulder.

"Well that's good!" I say. He smiles.

We stayed in silence for a bit. "So are you over sam..?" I question. Shoot! I should of never asked that!