Chapter 21: back to school

Y/N POV:

I get woken up by my alarm on my phone. I turn it off getting up. I then remember everything from last night..adopted, dads gone. It all just happened so fast. I didn't even have to think twice to get adopted by Johnny.

I stretch. I head over to the bathroom. I take a shower getting ready, I wore this for school:

I leave the bathroom going into the kitchen to see Dad putting Bologna and eggs onto a plate

I leave the bathroom going into the kitchen to see Dad putting Bologna and eggs onto a plate. "Good morning...made you breakfast" he says. I smile. "Thanks, lemme get my back pack ready" I say. He nods. He had a bruised eye and face from yesterday.

I run back to my new room, going threw my closet. I go to the top shelf grabbing my books. I grab my backpack from under the bed putting my books inside.

Once I did that, I look in the mirror. I look at the cut Tory gave me, replaying the clip in my head. I shake it off grabbing my backpack. 

I walk to the kitchen to see him eating his breakfast. "Come sit" he says. I sit in front of him with my breakfast there.

I eat the eggs. "I don't wanna lie to you so I'm gonna go straight to it...When you started my karate class..well not anymore uhm... I'll tell you that after but, you grandma told me that if she dies she wants me to adopt you..she knew she was gonna die sooner or later...so I promised her I would take care of you" he says. My eyes began to get watery.

I Quickly wipe them away. "Oh..thank you Sensei I mean dad.." I say. He smiles. "I'll always be there for you" he says. I smile. "And..I lost the dojo" he quickly says. I stop eating looking at him. "You what?!" I say. "Kreese got it.." he says.

I shake my head when a beep is heard outside. "Shoot, I'll uhm see you after school dad..bye" I smile. He stands up hugging me. I hug him back running outside.

I run to Sams car. "Ready?" She asks me. I nod.

AT SCHOOL:

Me and Sam walked in after getting our bags checked.

I saw people staring at me. "There she is" I hear a girl say, she scoffs. I shake my head.

There was more people staring and looking at me whispering stuff. My cheeks got red.

I look at Sam as we both begin to walk over to the stairs.

I put my hand on the railing as Sam does the same.

I look at the stairs, playing the clip where Miguel fell off hitting his back hard. I start to breath heavy. It was traumatizing.

Sam looks at me with her face red.

Then someone puts there hand on my shoulder. I quickly look at them..it was hawk. Sam distances her self a bit. "Oh" I say. I was breathing heavy. "Easy there, captain marvel. Same team, remember?" He says.