Chapter 36: Ali and Johnny

Y/N POV:

I suddenly wake up with a knock on Miguels door. "Miguel?Are you there?" We hear. It sounded like Carmen. Miguel quickly wakes up. "Yes mama! I was just sleeping.." Miguel says loud enough so his mom can hear outside the door.

"Okay, I'm heading over to work now! Yaya left to do groceries!" She says. "Okay bye Mama love you!"

And with that we hear the front door close. Miguel let's out a big sigh. I snuggle more into his arms. I see him look at his clock. "It's 11 am" he whispers. I place my hands on his stomach as I can hear his heart beat, from my ear.

"I love you" he says to me. "Love you too" I say. That's when my phone starts to ring. Miguel hands me the phone as I sit up. It was my dad..

"Hello?" I ask. "Where are you?! I've been texting and calling you all morning" he says. "Sorry..I spent the night at...uhm Sams" I lie. "Oh okay, just tell me if you're going somewhere..I'm hanging out with Ali today so.." he says.

I gasp. "No way!" I say.

I put the phone on speaker so Miguel can hear. "Yup, me and Ali are meeting for lunch, what are your plans for today?" He says. "Oh, me and Miguel are heading over to Sams today to hang out" I say. "I thought you where already with Sam" he says.

"Oh I mean..you know when I get back..anyways got to go talk to you later!" I say hanging up quick. Miguel shrugs his shoulders as I laugh.

1 PM, AT MIYAGI-DO:

I was wearing this:

With my hair in a messy bun

We walk in the shed house to see Sam stretching. "Hey!" She says. "Hi!" Me and Miguel replied. Me and Sam start talking, as I sat next to her, as Miguel was looking around.

We stopped talking for a minute, to see Miguel looking at a picture of a man on the wall. "That's Mr.Miyagi" she says. I stand up to look at the picture up close.

"So this is the guy that founded Miyagi-Do?" Miguel asks. "That's Mr.Miyagi, he taught my dad everything he knows" Sam says.

"Oh" me and Miguel say at the same time. "Like how Sensei Lawrence learned from Kreese" Miguel says. "Mr.Miyagi was nothing like Kreese" Says Sam.

"Miyagi, taught karate the right way, focusing on defense" Sam says, standing up standing next to me and Miguel.

"Yeah, but sometimes the best defense is more offense" I say. "This is the problem. Our styles are so far apart. Your Dad, Sensei, will never see eye to eye with my dad" Sam says. "I think it's the other way around" I say.

I see Miguel look at a stick. "What's this?" Miguel says picking the small thing up. "And Okinawan hand drum" she says. "What does it do?" He says a bit confused.