Chapter 41: Dad makes dinner

Y/N POV:

Me, and the diaz's where all sitting at the dinner table at my house. My dad sets a plate in the middle of the table. "Dinner is served" he says. I wonder why he wanted to make us all dinner. I was next to Miguel as we look at each other. "Alright, tonight's main course is fajitas and grilled vegetables. I have a pico de gallo and corn and flour tortillas" he says.

I've been teaching him Spanish lately, I think he's kind of getting the hang of it. Miguels Grandma Ya-ya chuckles at my dads English accent.

"Wow! This looks delicious Johnny" Carmen says with a smile. "She's not wrong, you've probably never cooked something this good looking dad..no offense" I say. He chuckles. "Thanks. I got the recipe off the chilis website. I wanted it to be authentic" he says pouring some soda in his cup. "Authentic for who? We're Ecuadorian not Mexican" Miguel's grandma says in Spanish. I let out a small laugh,
Same as Miguel's mom.

"Mama!" She says out loud. "Here, try this..spicy mango. Just like the old country" my father says pouring some of it in Ya-Yas plate..well a lot. She stops him with a thank you.

"So how was the big first day?" Carmen asks, me miguel and my dad. "Uh, you know it's the first day. Making progress" he says.

I begin to eat, it was so good. "I'm happy you and Daniel are working together, I just want to
Make sure Miggys safe. And of course y/n too I don't want her end up getting hurt like Miguel did" Carmen says. "My backs in better shape then ever,
Okay? You don't have to worry" Miguel says. "I'm sure we'll both be fine, thanks Miss. Diaz" I say. "Miguel, shes your mom she's always gonna worry. But don't worry, I'm watching him. I'm watching both of them" dad says.

I look at Miguel, as he holds my hand under the table. My cheeks heat up. "So mijo, tell me, how do you like doing karate with your girlfriend" Miguel's grandma says in Spanish. I chuckle, he smiles. I look at Carmen and my dad thats faces went soft, as if something's wrong. Maybe it's nothing. "You guys enjoy a lot of one on one sparring?" His grandma continues.

Miguel has a smile on his face. "I'm glad me and Miguel are doing well back together" I say. He smiles, kissing my head. "I'm not the only one who's getting back together with an ex, huh Sensei? Even though me and y/n never dated but you know, we had tension left and right" he says. I look at my dad, I know Miguel must be talking about Ali after they shared a moment there. My dads face drops, looking at Carmen.

I was again confused. "Oh yeah, he had a date with the love of his life. The one that got away" I say. Miguel chuckles. "Is that right?" Carmen says looking at my father. "It wasn't a date, no" Dad says, looking at me and Miguel. "He's being modest. We took all those cool pictures and made you look—I mean not to say you didn't look cool already..but he had to look special for the special lady" Miguel says.

"Why don't you tell them about the sushi. I know that one sucked though" I say. "We don't have to talk about it" my dad says. "I don't know why he's being shy right now" I say looking at Carmen. "Right" Miguel agrees. "Look we went to the sushi spot because Ali likes sushi, or so we thought..so we got the dragon roll, that didn't turn out well because he just spit it back out" I say.

Me and Miguel start to laugh. "We should show them the pictures" Miguel says. "Oh we so should" I agree.

LATER:

Me and Miguel where chilling in my room while my father and Carmen where cleaning up the dishes in the kitchen. I laid on my bed looking up, Miguel laid next to me. "Was I the only one that noticed that Sensei and your mom kept making weird faces when we talked about..us?" I ask. "To be honest I wasn't really paying attention to what they think, but they both 100% support us, am I right?" He asks. "Yeah I'm pretty sure, they have no reason to not support us. I mean my dad and Ali are probably getting together and your mom..I'm not sure. Does your mom have a love interest?" I ask.

"Not that I know of. Besides I don't even think she has time for love. She should focus on herself, I just want my mama to be happy" he says. We stay in silence as I turn over to him, on my side. He does the same. "I love you" he says. I smile, kissing his lips. "I love you more Diaz" I say. "Miggy! Let's go!" I hear Carmen yell. "Yup, coming!" He yells back. "Well I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks. "Yeah of course" I say sitting up, he gets up putting his shoes on.

As he was about to walk out of my bedroom door, he comes rushing to me giving me a soft kiss. "Okay bye now" I smile. He smiles back exiting my room.

A/N; sorry for the short chapter, I've been busy loves <33 make sure to follow my tik tok accounts @vinniehackerfp and @multieditsbyjj