Chapter 3

The next day, Maire turns 18.

In the morning, as Maire's mother walks to the living room of their house and sees Maire.

"Happy Birthday! Mija!" said Aurora, as she hugs her daughter. "I love you, so much!"

"Thank you, mom." said Maire, as she hugs her mother back. "I love you, too!"

"Oh my big baby girl, is already a grown woman!" said Aurora, as she stopped hugging her daughter. "A big woman."

"Oh mom, don't cry, you know how I get." said Maire, as she jokes around.

Maire's mother then sighs.

"Yeah you're right." said Aurora, as she sheds her tears away. "Do, me a favor. Can you get the mail from the mailbox."

"Yeah sure." said Maire, as she walks towards the front door and opens it.

"Thank you." said Aurora, as Maire closes the door behind her.

"Gael! Wake up!" said Aurora, as she heads to Maire's older brother's room. "It's your sister's birthday! Quick, I need you to take out her present! While I put on the birthday songs on the speakers! Hurry up!"

Gael was Maire's older brother. He isn't much seen in the house since he goes in and out of the house, because of work and college. He's also a total prankster, and likes to sometimes annoy his sister.

"I'm coming!" said Gael, from the inside of his room. "Wait, where's her present again?"

Meanwhile, as Maire was getting the mail from the mailbox.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAIRE!" yelled Eliana, as she yelled from her house towards Maire while holding a present.

When Maire jumped, she then saw Eliana coming her way.

Eliana is one of Maire's cousins, who is very cheerful, and often the nice and friendly one of the family. She is one year older than Maire. Maire then closes the mail box and looks at Eliana.

"Heh, heh! I hope I didn't scare you!" said Eliana, as she stops next to Maire and hugs her. "Did I?"

"No, you didn't. Scare me." said Maire, as she hugs Eliana back and chuckles. "I just jumped, that's all."

Both Eliana and Maire stopped hugging each other and looked at one another.

"Oh good." said Eliana, as she gives Maire a present box. "This is for you, I was going to wait for later. But since I saw you, I decided to just give it to you now, since we won't be at your birthday party, because we got invited to another party."

"Thank you, Eliana. However, well it's actually not a birthday party." said Maire, as she takes the present box. "Wait what other birthday party?"

"Oh, didn't you hear?" said Eliana, as she looked at Maire with a confused look. "Everyone from the family, like our other aunts, uncles, and cousins, got invited to a birthday party, from a distant related cousin that lives close by. Everyone's going, my family is getting ready right now. Wait, aren't you going too?"

"We never got an invitation." said Maire, as she looked at Eliana, who was upset by the news. "At least, that's what I heard."

"Oh..." said Eliana, as she looked at Maire. "I'm so sorry, Maire."

When seeing Maire upset by the news, she then decides to change the subject.

"Hey, don't worry, it's probably going to be a surprise party." said Eliana, as she looks at Maire, and hits her head gently. "Hey! Have to talked to Gizzy, Vanne, Les, and AJS, yet?!"