Author's Note

Hey guys! Thank you, so much for reading Goal! 😊, and for voting for it.

This was actually my first fanfic that had the USWNT in it!

So, please comment on what you thought about the story, I would like to hear from you. Also, I am very happy to announce, that I am going to make a second Goal! story!

- Below, is a sneak peak of the second part of Goal! -

So, please enjoy!🙂😉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, as Christen was walking in the hallway, she then saw that there were pieces of snow melting on the doorway of one of the sidedoors of the lodge. Christen then sees that it led to a trail of drops, towards the direction of where she was walking to.

"Hm, that's odd." said Christen, as she followed the trail of drops on the carpet. "Someone left in a hurry. Or came in a hurry." 

"Who came in a hurry?" said Carli, as she stood next to Christen and looked at her.

"I don't know, but as you can see there are drops on the carpet." said Christen, as she points to the carpet.

"Yeah, that is odd." said Carli, as she looked at the droplets on the carpet. "According to the employees here, they don't often use this door. People, however, do go out this way, but enter from the lobby."

"By the trail of the drops, it looks like someone came running here, to where they were going. Because, the trail of drops skip from one feet to another." said Christen

"You want to check it out don't you." said Carli, as she looks back at Christen.

"Oh yeah, definitely." said Christen, as she nodded. "Or else I'm going to have a doubt. Are you busy?"

"No, not really." said Carli, as she looked at the trail of drops on the carpet. "I, also want to check this out. Or else I am also going to have a doubt."

"Let's go to the lobby, maybe someone saw a person go out." said Christen, as she and Carli left to the lobby.

As both Carli and Christen arrived at the lobby, they noticed that Sam was in one of the sofas while she was on her phone.

"Hi Sam." said Christen, as she and Carli walked towards her.

"Oh hey, girls. What's up?" said Sam, as she looked at both Carli and Christen.

"Nothing." said Christen

"Say, did you happen to see someone come over here? Or at least walked out of the lodge." said Carli, as she asked Sam.

"Uh, I did. I saw Lynn, Maire, and Tirena, along with Clara, Nora, and Hadley leave like twenty minutes ago, or more." said Sam, as she looks at both Carli and Christen. "Why, do you ask?"

"Oh uh, for no reason." said Christen

"Did they also come back in here?" said Carli, as she asked Sam.

"Uh no, I think they're still outside." said Sam

"Where did they go?" said Christen, as she asked Sam.

"I don't know. Why?" said Sam, as she started to look worried. "Did something happen?"

"No, not that we know off." said Carli

"Thanks, for the information Sam." said Christen, as she looks at Carli. "Come on Carli."

Christen then walks out of the camp lodge as Carli follows her.

"You know something, huh." said Carli, as she asked Christen.

"I do, but I don't know what." said Christen

After seeing footprints leading to a trail of other footprints, both Carli and Christen follow the footprints and stop close to a tree with a rope tied around it. Carli then looks at the rope, while Christen looks around for any other clues. Carli then touches the rope, and lifts it up.

"Christen, we have to follow this rope, to see where it leads us to." said Carli, as Christen nods.

Other parts of the rope become visible for Carli and Christen to see, both girls then follow the rope leading to a cut piece of it.

"The rope stops here." said Carli, as she looks at Christen. "This rope was used. However, it was also cut."

"Yes, but why?" said Christen, as she looked at the rope and then at Carli. "Here, let me see that thing."

Carli then gives Christen the rope, who takes it.

"Yeow!" said Christen, as called out, as she dropped the rope on the snow.

"What is it?" said Carli, as she looked at Christen.

"It's cold! The rope is really cold!" said Christen, as she looked at Carli. "Here, touch it. But without your gloves."

Carli then takes off her gloves and touches the rope.

"Yikes!" said Carli, as let's go of the rope. "That is cold! And it feels wet too!" 

Christen looks around and sees a hole through the snow, close to where they found the end of what seemed to be the rope. Christen then sees another piece of rope next to the hole on the snow, and grabs it. As Christen grabs the other missing piece of the rope, in which it was also cold and wet too.

"Yikes!" said Christen, as she let go of the rope. "This piece is soaked!"

"Uh, Christen." said Carli, as she sounded worried. "Something happened here."

Christen then turns to Carli.

"Something, really big happened here. Look." said Caril, as she pointed at a frozen lake.

On the edge of the frozen lake, there was a crack on it.

Christen then gasped.

"Oh no." said Christen, after seeing that the frozen lake had a crack on it. "Someone, fell in."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, any guesses? On who fell in?🤔

Once again, thank you for reading!