Chapter 4

(Note: For better reference to this chapter, please put on the following song: Oh No by Capone, when Maire says Oh no! Unless, you are already tired and annoyed of that song, then don't put it on)

The next day, in the morning Maire finally opens the Tiger Flakes cereal box that they got from the store the other day. When taking out the cereal bag from the box, Maire then sees that there was a different bag inside of the box and decides to open it.

"Winning Ticket." said Maire, as she reads the front side of the ticket and later reads the back side of the ticket. "Congratulations! To Whoever received this ticket, please call the number on the cereal box, or on the ticket to claim your prize! If you are 5 to 17 years old, you have to be accompanied by an adult! You and your parent or guardian will get to see the USWNT players, train in their camp, watch them play during their games, travel with them and you will also get a free jersey with the whole team's autographs! However, if you are 18 to 28 years old, you are eligible to train with the team, practice, travel, and even play with the team in their summer season!"

Maire then stops reading the ticket and makes a sigh of relief.

"Whew, good thing I'm not 18 yet." said Maire, as she smiles, however her face changes as she remembers that she wasn't 17 no more and that she was 18. "Oh No! Wait! I am 18!"

Maire then looks at the cereal box and then at the news on the television.

"This better be fake! Please tell me it's fake!" said Maire, as she looks at television and sees how the actual ticket looks like. "Dang it!"

As Maire finds out that she is the winner of the ticket, and that the ticket actually looks like the same one on television, she then yelled.

"NOOO!!!" yelled Maire

After hearing Maire's yell, Aurora decides to check on her.

"What happened? Are you okay?!" said Aurora, as she stands to where Maire was at and stands next to her.

Maire then points at the ticket, at the news, and on the cereal box quietly. After seeing the clues and evidence that were shown to her.

"YES! YES! Yes! Yes! Yes! Mija, you are the winner!" said Aurora, excitement much to her daughter's dismay. "I knew it, I prayed to god about it! And look my wish came true!"

Aurora then hugs Maire happily.

"Mom, please don't celebrate." said Maire, as she looks at her mother. "It's probably a mistake."

"How can you say that?!" said Aurora, as she stops hugging Maire and looks at her. "Of course! It's not a mistake!"

Aurora then says cheerfully.

"I, I, I'm going to turn down the offer!" said Maire, as she looks at her mother. "I don't wanna do it. There's no way I'm going!"

Aurora then looks at the way bottom of the ticket, reads the small words and looks at Maire.

"You can't turn down the offer." said Aurora, as she waves the ticket and gives it to Maire so that she can read the fine print.

"No, no! This can't be happening!" said Maire, as she texts some of her best friends. "Please answer, please answer! Dang it, no answer."

Aurora, then celebrates, as Maire goes to her room.

Aurora then gets the number on the cereal box and calls it, after calling that number she then calls her sisters Hira and Iara, and tells them that Maire is the winner of the Ticket that Tiger Cereal was announcing.

A few hours later, Maire then comes out of her room after trying to talk to Gizzy, Vanne, Les, and AJS, in which all of her calls to them went straight into voicemail. Maire also had no luck in calling Three or One, because her call would always go to voicemail as well. As Maire walks to the kitchen she then sees that there were many news reporters outside, and looks at her mother, who was sitting down on the nearest sofa and smiled at Maire.

"You called the news!" said Maire, in a yelling tone.

"Yes, I did." said Aurora, as she looked at Maire, knowing that she wasn't happy by the news.

"Why?!" said Maire, as she looks at her mother. "Why did you call them?"

"Well, I didn't call the news, I called the number on the cereal box." said Aurora, as she looked at Maire. "And told them that my 18 year old daughter won the ticket, so they are going to send somebody, after I gave them our address. After I was finished talking with them, I then hung up on them and called your aunts, including the rest of the family."

"Something tells me you're way more excited than I am." said Maire, as she looks at the television and sees that reporters are talking outside of their house.

"Mija, listen I just want what's best for you." said Aurora, as she looks at Maire. "Now, go and fix yourself up. Because I am going to open a door so that a reporter can come in."

"Too late." said Maire, as points to the television and signals at her mother.

After seeing her daughter pointing at the television, Aurora then looks at the television.

"Um, I don't think that's a reporter." said Maire, as her and Aurora both see that a man with a few bodyguards are standing in the front door of their house and knocks on the door as his bodyguards hold off the reporters.

Aurora then opens the door and let's the man in. The appears to be wearing a suit, with a U.S. Soccer pin on the right side of his suit jacket.

"Hello, and thank you for letting me in." said the man, as he looks at both Aurora and Maire, and chuckles. "It's really hard to get inside past that traffic, full of reporters. Anyways, you must be Aurora, and you must be Maire!"

The man smiles as he looks at them both.

"Yes." said Aurora, as she looks at the man.

"Yeah, and you are?" said Maire, as she looks at the man.

"Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself." said the man, as he looked at them. "I'm a soccer associate, from the US Soccer federation. I was nearby when they told me that the winner was found, and told me to come to you."

"Right." said Maire, as she crosses her arms.

"And let me just say, it's an honor!" said the soccer associate excitedly. "And also congratulations! On winning the ticket! And let me also just say that The United States Women National Team are very excited to meet you."

"Thanks, but I really don't agree on declaring myself the winner." said Maire

"Huh? But why not?" said the soccer associate, as he looks at Maire in a confused look. "I don't get it why?"

"Because, even though I won the ticket, I don't feel like taking the offer." said Maire, as she looked at the soccer associate.

The soccer associate then opens his suitcase and gets a business card with his number out of the suitcase.

"This is a one time opportunity, Maire." said the soccer associate, as he looks at Maire. "You can't turn down the offer. Anyways, here is my business card. My number is on it."

The soccer associate then hands his business card to Maire, who takes it.

"I'll give you some time to think about it." said the soccer associate, as he closes his suitcase and looks at Maire and at Aurora. "I'll be waiting for your call, Maire. Have a good day."

"Great." said Aurora, happily as she showed the soccer associate, to the door. "I'm pretty sure that she will think about it."

The soccer associate then smiles both at Aurora and Maire, and leaves. After the soccer associate left, Maire then sighs.

"Am I?" said Maire, in a low voice.