Chapter 43

The next day during practice, Maire then sees a little duckling walking on the sideline of the field.

"Aw, that duckling looks just like Ava's duckling." said Maire, as she smiled. "Oh no."

Maire's face then turns into a worried face.

While seeing the duckling was going inside of the field, where the other girls were practicing shooting goals at the net, Maire then tries to keep the duckling safe from the soccer balls.

"I'm coming Ducky!" said Maire, as she is blocking the soccer balls away from the duckling. "Girls, stop! You're going to hurt the little guy!"

Meanwhile, on the half field, the girls then looked at Maire.

"Girls look, Maire is trying to be the goalie now." said Allie, as she laughed and chuckled at Maire.

Maire starts to dodge the soccer balls while using her goalie skills that Hope showed her.

"Okay, now she's showing off her goalie skills, better than her striking skills." said Tobin, as she chuckles.

"Yeah." said Christen, as she and the other girls nodded.

"Traitor." said Mal, as she chuckled.

"Wait, what is she saying?" said Lynn, as she hears Maire trying to say something.

However when they see that she is kicking the soccer balls, while telling them to stop kicking the soccer balls, Maire then gets the duckling that was on the penalty box from the ground.

"Girls, wait, stop!" said Crystal, as she, Tobin, Mal, Christen, and Lynn ran towards Maire.

After the other girls see the duckling that Maire was holding, the girls then stop kicking the soccer balls at the goal, and run towards Maire.

"What the duck?" said Emily

"Kling. What the duckling." said Lynn, as she laughed.

"Right, that." said Emily

"Wait, is that Ava's duckling?" said Carli, as she asked Maire.

"Yeah." said Maire, as she looked at Carli.

"We, should return him to her." said Carli

"Yeah, we should." said Maire

"Wait, but who's Ava?" said Lindsey, as she asked the girls.

"Yeah, and also, who would own a duckling?" said Mal, as she also asked the girls.

Maire then sighs, as Carli looks at both Lindsey and Mal.

"It's a long story, but right now we have to find Ave and give her back her duckling." said Maire, as she heads to the sideline.

"I'll come with you." said Carli, as she follows Maire from behind.

"Did anyone get that?" said Mal, as she looked at the other girls who shrugged.

Marie then finds Ava and her parents, and returns Ducky to them.

(USWNT vs Costa Rica), during the game Maire kicks two goals: one in the beginning of the first few minutes of the game, and the other one with the help of Emily Fox. Carol Sanchez, steals the ball from Rose, and passes it to Shirely Cruz. Abby steals the ball from Shirely Cruz, and passes it to Lindsey. While running with the ball, Lindsey then passes the ball to Tobin, who kicks the ball to the goal area, which gets blocked by Priscilla Tapia the goalkeeper.

Maire also makes an assist by helping Carli score a goal, a few more minutes after. A few more minutes of the game, Maire also makes an assist by helping Tobin make a goal. While trying to get the ball from Gabriela Guillen, Maire is then elbowed by her on her nose. Maire puts her right hand on her nose, as she kneels to the ground.