Chapter 19

Day 7 of training...

The next day, Maire (in her team's practice uniform) was in the GYM room with the women training coach, along with Christen, Casey Short, Emily Fox, Taylor Smith, Jane Campbell, and Carli.

"Hi girls." said Casey, as she stands next to Maire, Carli, and Christen.  

"Hi Casey, hi Emily, hi Jane, hi Taylor." said Christen

"Hey." said Carli

"Hello." said Maire, as she waved.

"Hi I'm Casey Short." said Casey

"Hey, I'm Emily Fox." said Emily

"Hello, I'm Taylor Smith." said Taylor

"Hi, I'm Jane Campbell." said Jane

"Hello, I'm Maire." said Maire, as she looked at Casey, Emily, Taylor, and Jane.

After the girls were done greeting Maire, Carli was telling them about Maire's interview with Aaron, Christen and some of the girls giggled in the funny parts.

"Really?" said Christen, as she chuckled. "What did Maire do?"

"She blushed." said Carli

"I don't remember Aaron being in the bowling alley." said Maire, as she looked at both Carli and Christen. "Who did he know about the bowling accident."

"Our team's camera crew were recording the whole thing." said Carli

"Dang, no warning." said Maire

"Yup." said Jane

"Sorry, we forgot." said Christen

"There was literally no time. To tell you." said Carli

"Honestly." said Casey

"Well, look at the bright side, at least you can watch the video when it's posted and laugh." said Christen

"Right." said Maire

Carli then chuckles.

"Hey Christen, remember about the day that Kelley slipped on wet grass when she forgot that she wasn't wearing her cleats." said Carli, as she looks at Christen.

"Oh yeah, that never gets old!" said Christen, as she looks at Carli.

"Wait I don't get it, what's so funny?" said Maire

Christen then looks at Maire.

"We went on a field trip, to some place, in which we were racing. While we were running, Kelley was on the lead and was about to beat us, until she slipped and fell on the wet grass, since it was a little humid." said Christen, as she giggles.

"I think we still have that video posted somewhere." said Carli

"Alright girls, stretches and drills!" said the training coach, as she looks at the girls in the room.

Maire, Christen, Carli, Casey, Emily, Taylor, and Jane, started their stretches and drills. After doing their stretches and drills, the training coach then tells Maire, Christen, Carli, Casey, Emily, Taylor, and Jane, to run a lap around the indoor GYM room. After running their lap, the training coach then looks at Maire, Christen, Carli, Casey, Emily, Taylor, and Jane.

"Okay, Maire your test for today is to do some push-ups. This will help you get ready for your physical test tomorrow." said the training coach, as she looks at Maire. "So, any questions?"

"I do have a few." said Maire, as she looks at the training coach, while the other girls look at her. "Uh, how many push-ups do I do?"

"You need to do at least ten push-ups or more." said the training coach, as she looks at Maire. "Is there a problem with that."

"Well... yeah, that's the problem. I can't do push-ups." said Maire

"Huh, why not?" said Carli, as she crosses her arms.

"Because, I can only do one." said Maire

The girls including Carli started to laugh.

"What, are you serious?" said Chirsten, as she started to chuckle.

"We'll see about that," said Emily, as she laughed.

"Why are you laughing? It's not a joke, I literally can only do one." said Maire, as she looks at all of the girls and at the training coach.

Maire then chuckles.

"Well, either way you have to do them." said the training coach, as she looks at Maire. "Come on."

Maire then positions herself in a push-up position, and starts to do some push-ups with the training coach and the other girls counting. Carli, after seeing Maire do at least six push-ups, decides to join her. Both Maire and Carli are later joined by Christen.

Once done doing some push-ups, the training coach then looks at the girls.

"Alright break time!" said the training coach

"Break, on three!" said Carli, as she tells the girls around her.

Maire, Christen, Casey, Emily, Taylor, and Jane, all gathered around Carli.

"Ready! One, two, three!" said Carli

"BREAK!" yelled all of the girls.

The girls then take their break. During their break, the training coach was setting up a goal area along with Jane and Carli. After their break was over, the training coach then gives Maire, Christen, Carli, Casey, Emily, and Taylor, a soccer ball except for Jane. Jane, who didn't have a soccer ball, was in the center of the goal post.

"Alright girls, since we still have a little bit of time left, we are going to practice our dribbles and shoot the ball at the goal area." said the training coach, as she looks at the girls.

"I know how to dribble a basketball." said Maire, as she looked at Carli and at Christen. "However, I don't know how to dribble a soccer ball."

"Here, will so you." said Christen, as she gets her soccer ball and starts to dribble it.

Carli also starts to dribble her soccer ball a little bit.

"Now, you try." said Christen, as she looked at Maire.

"I... Um..." said Maire, as she looks at both Carli and Christen. "You two made it look so easy."

"Don't worry or get frustrated, if you can't do it right away." said Carli, as she and Christen stopped dribbling their soccer balls.

"Yeah, either way, you are still learning. On how to play soccer." said Christen

The training coach then blows her whistle, to begin their shooting at the goal post. The girls then formed a line from Christen to Taylor and started to make a goal, as Jane started to block most of their shots.

"Woah, she's good." said Maire, as she looks at Jane diving to block the soccer balls from going into the goal post.

"Uh huh." said Casey, as she stands next to Maire.

"Your turn." said Emily, as she looked at Maire.

Maire then kicks her soccer ball to the goal post.

BONK!

Maire's soccer ball hits the upper post of the goal post.

"Dang it." said Maire, in a low voice.

"Hey, at least you were a little bit close!" said Jane

Maire then gets her soccer ball, from the side of the indoor GYM room.