Chapter 7

Two days later... 

First thing in the morning, Maire, is with her mother Aurora, her father Diego, and her brother Gael waiting along with her luggage, her duffle bag, and her backpack, in the front of their driveway.

"So did you pack your emergency pen?" said Aurora, as she looked at Maire.

"Check." said Maire

"Your sunblock?" said Aurora

"Check." said Maire

"Your sunglasses?" said Aurora

"Check." said Maire

"Lotion?" said Aurora

"Check." said Maire

"That cream, in case if you get a really bad sunburn." said Aurora

"Check." said Maire

"Mom, she's not going on vacation." said Gael, as he looks at his mother.

"I know, but remember that time when your sister was younger, when she would stand in the sun for too long without a cap, her eyes and skin would get red." said Aurora "And she would get this terrible itch around her arms or legs. And we had to take her to the doctor to have her get checked."

"Oh yeah, I remember." said Gael, as he chuckles. "That time in which the doctor told us that Maire couldn't stand in the sun too long, or else she would turn like a shrimp. Heh, heh. Hey Maire, remember when mom took you to school the next day in second grade with a doctor's note, saying that you had to wear a cap mandatory by the doctor, whenever you were outside, Heh."

Maire then looks at Gael and grunts, knowing of what he was going to say next.

"And remember, on what you would always tell your classmates and teachers of why you had a doctor's note. And why you had to wear a cap." said Gael, as he started to chuckle, more louder. "Heh, heh. According to your point of view, you said that you were allergic to the sun! Ha, ha, ha!"

Gael then burst out of laughter, as Maire turned red as she felt embarrassed.

"I know, don't remind me." said Maire, as she turns away from her brother. "I got bullied because of that. And that is also one of the reasons why people thought that I was weird."

Geal then stopped laughing.

"Heh heh. But remember, when you forgot your cap at home in school one day, just one day. The only day that you forgot it." said Gael, as he starts to chuckle again.

"Don't say it. Don't say it." said Maire, as she taught in her mind. "Please, don't say it!" 

"The walking shrimp! Ha! Ha! Ha!" said Gael, as he burst out of laughter again. "Also known as, Shrimpy!"

"He said it!" said Maire, in her mind. "I am ruined."

"Very funny, Gael." said Diego, as he crossed his arms. "Since you have such a good memory, during those years. Do you actually remember the real reason why people started to call your sister shrimpy, because I do."

After hearing his father saying that, Gael then stops laughing and looks at his father.

"Remember the call." said Diego, as he winks at Maire and looks back at Gael. "That call, that I got from your principal."

"The call? Oh yeah, that call." said Aurora, as she remembers.

Gael then looks at his mother and then back at his father, as a quiet Maire looks at Gael.

"According to your principal and some witnesses, your sister was in a shading area of the playground, until she saw that you were getting picked on by some of your fellow classmates." said Diego, as he looks Maire and back at Gael. "She decided to teach those kids a lesson, for picking on you. Even after she knew that she would get humiliated due to her condition."